new ReStart facility on Troost?

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

new ReStart facility on Troost?

Post by chaglang »

This was on the Hyde Park Facebook page last week. Anyone have any details? A Google search didn't reveal anything relevant.

"Recently, residents of Center City, Squier Park and Hyde Park attended a meeting with Evie Craig of ReStart and Diane Botwin to discuss a subsidized apartment complex for individuals with chronic mental illness at 33rd and Troost. ReStart has received a grant from HUD in excess of 2,000,000 which would tie up this land on Troost for 40 years.
The overwhelming message was that the community was opposed to this development.
Diane Botwin said that despite the concerns and wishes of the community, she was going to move forward with her project."
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: new ReStart facility on Troost?

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

e-mail update on 4/19 from David Kimmis, Hyde Park Neighborhood Association President:

"I received correspondence from Evie Craig, Executive Director of ReStart and their Board Chair, Barbara Mueth that they have made a recommendation to their Executive Committee that they move forward with their program at a different location. The Executive Committee is in agreement with their recommendation to find a different location, and their next communication is with the full board. They have requested that we hold off on our efforts to oppose the development for 7–10 days while they meet with Diane Botwin, the developer and her team, and communicate with HUD officials."
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: new ReStart facility on Troost?

Post by taxi »

chaglang wrote: ...
Diane Botwin said that despite the concerns and wishes of the community, she was going to move forward with her project."
I think she should move forward with this project, but be required to live there. And I think she would fit in, nicely.