Troost developments

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Troost developments

Post by normalthings »

chaglang wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:58 am Oh cool. That has much more potential.
Redevelopment = Cool
BOE to bulldoze the park for parking = not Cool
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Thanks for sharing!

Here are probably the most important parts:

So it does seem like they will be relocating the parking lot on the west side of Troost to go on Forest Ave here. Hopefully that means they will be selling all of their land on the west side of Troost for development. That is a lot of frontage on both sides of Troost up for potential development.

I like the idea of shared parking and hopefully they are able to work something out with a residential development where the parking needs won't be as great during the 9 to 5 time period when KCPS would need spaces.
normalthings wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:39 am Redevelopment = Cool
It's not really a park. It is a private, fenced-off green space. I don't love bulldozing it for parking, but parking is necessary, and at least it will be moved off of Troost.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

normalthings wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:39 am
chaglang wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:58 am Oh cool. That has much more potential.
Redevelopment = Cool
Troost Park is less than 2/10ths of a mile away.

The stipulation that some green/open space be retained for KCPS employee use seems to limit what can be built here. It also seems redundant due to the proximity of Troost Park.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

chaglang wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:59 am The stipulation that some green/open space be retained for KCPS employee use seems to limit what can be built here. It also seems redundant due to the proximity of Troost Park.
Hopefully the green/open space turns out to be something akin to a courtyard that is a shared amenity with an apartment development.

I just noticed this https://elevatemanheim.com/ website today. It is from Elevate Design + Build,which I don't think is related to Elevate Property Advisers (who is doing the Jack Henry building, and seems to be exclusively retail). It looks like Elevate Design + Build does suburban new construction and has recently began in Manheim Park.

It looks like they own 14 lots that I can see in Manheim Park. I only see SFH listed on their site, but it looks like they have at least a couple duplexes in the works as well. I believe they have started construction on a couple of these buildings, but I'm not sure.

I do think their tagline, "Experience Plaza Living Without the Plaza Price Tag" seems a little out of touch and tone deaf. I don't exactly love the designs, but it is good to see some more investment/development in Manheim from a new player.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:17 am
Hopefully the green/open space turns out to be something akin to a courtyard that is a shared amenity with an apartment development.

I just noticed this https://elevatemanheim.com/ website today. It is from Elevate Design + Build,which I don't think is related to Elevate Property Advisers (who is doing the Jack Henry building, and seems to be exclusively retail). It looks like Elevate Design + Build does suburban new construction and has recently began in Manheim Park.

It looks like they own 14 lots that I can see in Manheim Park. I only see SFH listed on their site, but it looks like they have at least a couple duplexes in the works as well. I believe they have started construction on a couple of these buildings, but I'm not sure.

I do think their tagline, "Experience Plaza Living Without the Plaza Price Tag" seems a little out of touch and tone deaf. I don't exactly love the designs, but it is good to see some more investment/development in Manheim from a new player.
Of the home designs presented, I like the "Lincoln floor plan" the most. It's not the best design but when compared to the other two, which are ugly to me with the ugliest being "the Antero" floor plan, Lincoln is the best.
atticus23
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by atticus23 »

The Lincoln and Antero are part of the Parade of Homes this cycle.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

For your indoor gardening needs: Virgil's Plant Shop on east side of Troost just past 27th. I think when there is a plant boutique a neighborhood can be considered gentrified. VIRGILSPLANTSHOP.COM
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

I guess another sign of gentrification/hipster-fication is a pinball hall. Solid State Pinball has gone into the Wonder Shops. It looks like they are now open to the public.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:51 pm 2501 Beacon Hill...
According to apartments.com, 62 of 249 units are available now at 2501 Beacon Hill. So I guess that means it’s about 76% leased, but I doubt it. It wa still very much under construction when I took these pictures in August. But if it's true, that's pretty good news.

P.S.: An additional 6 units are listed as "not available".
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Construction fencing is up and site work is in progress at the NE corner of Armour and Troost. At last!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

chaglang wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:16 am Construction fencing is up and site work is in progress at the NE corner of Armour and Troost. At last!
Snap a photo if you can
KCKev2
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KCKev2 »

We had an after shopping stop at the Combine at the Wonder Lofts at 29th and Troost. Nice. Recommend.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

Vested Coffee has opened in 2501 Beacon Hill.

Pretty amazing how Exact Partners and this development can have retail tenants in place before the residential construction is done and yet, Marcato/Gallerie are still sitting empty after years.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

In the BizJournal article about Milhaus beginning move-ins for Artistry, there is a little blurb with more confirmation for the timeline on Milhaus's plans for 31st and Linwood:
McGurk said his firm also is working through Kansas City's zoning and design process for a transit-oriented development at 31st Street and Troost Avenue, in tandem with apartments at Troost and Linwood Boulevard. The developer aims to start construction on those two projects in mid- to late 2021.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Sounds like they have a bit of work to do. The mid-2021 date seems possible only if absolutely everything goes right.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

What’s the saturation of this corridors coffee market now? Is it at a level of being over saturated? Or are they spread out enough that they aren’t encroaching on each other’s local market?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:03 am What’s the saturation of this corridors coffee market now? Is it at a level of being over saturated? Or are they spread out enough that they aren’t encroaching on each other’s local market?
I thought that big renovation around 31st and Troost is already entirely leased.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Not sure where to put this, but a heads up to people with small pets in Beacon Hill and Mt Hope areas. Two magnificent bald eagles have staked out Troost Lake as a luncheonette. Since there are over 6 dozen resident geese, could use some thinning by apex raptors. The circle of life could easily encompass your outdoor cat or small dog.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Oddly Correct relocating to 42/Troost
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

I just don’t understand why Lucas doesn’t support incentives to build infrastructure east of Troost but had no problem doing it in the northland.