Troost developments

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Troost developments

Post by Midtownkid »

flyingember wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pm
You clearly don't understand how television works. Hint: it's edited and you don't get all the facts.
Hey I just want to point out this quote as an example of the prime cunty-ness on this forum. I don't mean to single out this one member. It's not just one person, this is the 'culture' the board has formed over time. It sucks. Why be so bitchy. There are other ways to present your opinion. Not every argument needs to be a personal attack.

I've been on this board for 15 years or something. I read it and I used to post more. But now I rarely post. I just don't want some nerd jumping off the wagon when I state an opinion. Learn to debate as an adult! 8-[
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Midtownkid wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:36 am
flyingember wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pm
You clearly don't understand how television works. Hint: it's edited and you don't get all the facts.
Hey I just want to point out this quote as an example of the prime cunty-ness on this forum. I don't mean to single out this one member. It's not just one person, this is the 'culture' the board has formed over time. It sucks. Why be so bitchy. There are other ways to present your opinion. Not every argument needs to be a personal attack.

I've been on this board for 15 years or something. I read it and I used to post more. But now I rarely post. I just don't want some nerd jumping off the wagon when I state an opinion. Learn to debate as an adult! 8-[
I'm guilty of it and I completely agree. I will try to do better.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Don't give up MidtownKid. We need your perspective.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Midtownkid wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:36 am Hey I just want to point out this quote as an example of the prime cunty-ness on this forum.
You clearly do not know how to spell. It's cunti-ness.
jasty5
Pad site
Pad site

Post by jasty5 »

taxi wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:32 am
Midtownkid wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:36 am Hey I just want to point out this quote as an example of the prime cunty-ness on this forum.
You clearly do not know how to spell. It's cunti-ness.
Yes! A crusader for truth and exactitude.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

I read about a project at 31st and Troost to try and begin redevelopment in the area, does anyone know when the parties involved will finalize any plans on this project?
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

This might be the SAVE, Inc project?
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

I assume you are talking about the Tim Bowman led project on the 3100 block of Troost. It seems like the plan for phase 1 is pretty close to finalized.

I think they are still working on getting all of the incentives/tax credits together. I know they received approval from PIEA, but I'm not sure what the next step is.

There has been some preliminary work happening with the buildings for a while now - likely just clearing them out and pre-demo work. The plan is to start in earnest this summer.

Here is the full proposal.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s3hx85dueh5e ... 20RFP?dl=0
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

An updated plan for the UC-B apartments at Linwood and Troost as been uploaded to compass. The number of units has been increased to 108, up from 89. 47 studio, 31 1-bed, and 30 2-bed.

The start of construction has been pushed back to January 2020 with an 18 month timeline.

alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:00 pm An updated plan for the UC-B apartments at Linwood and Troost as been uploaded to compass. The number of units has been increased to 108, up from 89. 47 studio, 31 1-bed, and 30 2-bed.

The start of construction has been pushed back to January 2020 with an 18 month timeline.
I appreciate how the "Beacon Hill" euro-modern aesthetic of the larger homes has spread along the immediate Troost corridor south.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Site work has started forthe new apartments on the SE corner of 25th and Troost.

https://www.facebook.com/cityscenekc/ph ... 3&theater
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Something called The Combine, restaurant and bar is coming to the Wonder Shops and Flats building, according to Joyce Smith. It looks like Jason Pryor of Pizza 51 is involved.

I am guessing this will go into the spot that was supposed to be EOT Brewing. Or is there any other available restaurant location in that building?
tskev
Ambassador

Post by tskev »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:58 pm Something called The Combine, restaurant and bar is coming to the Wonder Shops and Flats building, according to Joyce Smith. It looks like Jason Pryor of Pizza 51 is involved.

I am guessing this will go into the spot that was supposed to be EOT Brewing. Or is there any other available restaurant location in that building?
That's the only restaurant spot. There are maybe two other small (<1000 SF) spaces in there, but that's it.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:59 pm La Quinta Hotel progress at 24th and Troost (looking northwest).

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Looking north down Forest Court from 27th Street.

Looking SW at 27th and Forest Court.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

More ‘Wonder’ on Troost, New Restaurant and Art Center Opening
Combine, a joint venture between Pizza 51 and the Milwaukee Delicatessen, is opening a 5,000 square-foot restaurant and bar in the corner space at Wonder.
Next door, the BAFA Contemporary Art Space expects to open soon in its 2,500 square-foot space. The non-profit has about 100 members and the new center will include studio and gallery space.
https://cityscenekc.com/more-wonder-on- ... r-opening/
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Lots of work being done on the new construction on Troost between Beacon Hill Lane (25th) and 26th streets.

Looking southeast from Beacon Hill Lane and Troost.

Looking east from Troost.

Looking northeast from Troost.

Looking north from 26th Street.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:22 pm
KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:10 pm Image
//compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/plan/c45525a4-5219-4369-bb32-11e8a952db1f[/url]
A blight study and general development plan for this project have been submitted on Compass:

https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod ... 5b82559a31

The PIEA board did have a meeting this morning. I can't find a copy of the docket, but I am guessing this was on it. I'm not sure if they made a decision on incentives today.

Hopefully this will be moving forward soon.
The former auto body business, where this project is going, was engulfed in fire Friday night.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kc-firefi ... y/28803994

Twitter photo:

https://twitter.com/kmbc/status/116549 ... 08/photo/1
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

The three-story building to the south didn't look like it was badly affected from the street today.