Troost developments

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Troost developments

Post by chaglang »

If you are a 3rd or 4th District resident and are in favor of this project, it would be good for you to call or write to your council reps about this.

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by FangKC »

The new La Quinta hotel seen from the University Health parking garage at 22nd and Campbell.

FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by FangKC »

Status of new apartments at 26th and Troost (looking northeast).

Looking west from 26th and Forest Court.

KCtoBrooklyn
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

The sole developer that responded to the RFP for the SE and SW corners of 27th and Troost (and was selected) was Exact. I'm glad to see them continuing development in the area. It seems like they are doing good work.

The details on their proposal are scant (still tbd, I'm sure), but they are proposing ground floor commercial with "boutique housing options". I'm guessing that would mean 2, maybe 3 story buildings.

For potential tenants, they mention a "spa greenhouse concept" (whatever that is) and an "educational technology hub office, offering a a small scale technology co-working office and training center"

moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by moderne »

I've just seen their rehabs. Know of any examples of new construction?

KCtoBrooklyn
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

As far as I know, they haven't completed any new construction yet, although several of their developments included proposed new construction in later phases.

The second and third phases of their Armory Block proposal include a new construction apartment building and townhomes.

This rendering shows a sliver of the apartment building, but I would guess it is very preliminary and subject to change:

Similarly, phase 3 of the Netherland development will be new construction, but it seems like the details are slim and have changed over time.

Here is the rendering:

Even more vague is a potential new construction phase of the Wonder Shops and Flats development. Exact owns a vacant lot behind Ruby Jean's that they have turned into a garden. They did mention potential new construction on that lot at some point in the future, but I don't think there are any details and I don't think they are in a rush.