Westport

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Westport

Post by earthling »

AlbertHammond wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:03 pm you never know....

Submit it!

(To someone who can make things happen.)
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

HKC is already protesting this rendering
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

I have a deposit on a unit in that building.
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

Here's the real rendering. It's going to be the home of the new Johnny Kaws World Headquarters.
Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Darlene »

It looks like a hospital to me hospitals give me the creeps. I like having the bar there now that is one of the best spots to sit and watch city people.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Yeah, knock Kelly's down instead. Harry's is great.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

WSPanic wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:50 pm Yeah, knock Kelly's down instead. Harry's is great.
McCoys spot in this made up idea.
Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Darlene »

I really love there potato salad
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Darlene wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:54 pm I really love there potato salad
Ahh, Darlene, do you remember when we sat on that patio on a warm winter day and shared potato salad? One of my fondest memories. I'll never forget those cute shoes you wore.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

taxi wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:37 am
Ahh, Darlene, do you remember when we sat on that patio on a warm winter day and shared potato salad? One of my fondest memories. I'll never forget those cute shoes you wore.
I think this is the appropriate Westport shoe:

Darlene
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Darlene »

taxi wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:37 am
No, I don't think we know each other.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Must be another Darlene. Or perhaps, it was Darlin'. Too many of those farmhouse ales!
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Local breakfast/lunch chain will open 13th area location in Westport
The Big Biscuit, a breakfast and lunch restaurant chain that started in 2000, is busy building four new locations throughout the region, but it's most interesting addition might be the closest to home.

According to The Kansas City Star, the Overland Park-based chain is building two locations in Springfield and one in Topeka. However, it also has taken over the former Fusion Buffett Sushi & Hibachi space at 4039 Mill St. in Westport.
https://tinyurl.com/y756rr5k
KCKev2
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KCKev2 »

Well, that is an interesting move and location. Plenty of parking.
snigglefritz
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by snigglefritz »

I'm still holding out hope for Denver Biscuit Co. to open in Westport. Hopefully a local/regional biscuity name entering the same neighborhood doesn't spook them.
tskev
Ambassador

Post by tskev »

snigglefritz wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:57 am I'm still holding out hope for Denver Biscuit Co. to open in Westport. Hopefully a local/regional biscuity name entering the same neighborhood doesn't spook them.
I heard Denver Biscuit Co. / Atomic Cowboy is going into the old icehouse at 4140 Pennsylvania Ave
snigglefritz
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by snigglefritz »

I think that's been the plan, and they have permits up on Compass but who knows how deep into things they actually are. I think with their DBC/Atomic Cowboy concept, they're still probably unique enough to co-exist.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

FangKC wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:14 am
FangKC wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:01 pm The retail building on the SE corner of 43rd and Main, which most recently housed Nature's Own grocery, is undergoing interior renovation.

https://tinyurl.com/y8mtdvza
July 19, 2018

Ragazza Food and Wine Will Reopen On
The date of Ragazza Food and Wine’s reopening has been one of the great mysteries of life—not unlike whether Tupac is really still alive or will the Chiefs win another Super Bowl. For owner Laura Norris, she promises soon. Like in-the-next-several-weeks-soon. (Pinky swear!)
https://www.inkansascity.com/eat-drink/ ... reopen-on/
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 pm This makes me very sad for Westport. Seriously it should be decommissioned as a bar district ...leave Kelly's, Harry's, and one more and shut down the rest.
i checked out johnny kaws on twitter and about bombed my keyboard with vomit. i really thought westport was going logan square / wicker park and catering more to the urban thirties and up crowd. i think i break out in hives when i get too close to a midwestern (state) college crowd bar/party district. i think westport/midtown needs some more new, attractive infill projects (thinking much more dense detached/attached single/two/three family like those renderings of the west side stuff) to get more of a dense neighborhood vibe.

downtowns are supposed to have the areas that get powerwashed on monday mornings.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

johnny kaws is like a Jason Sudeikis parody skit on going out in westport in the 00s or something. i cannot believe that's real. i'm having flashbacks of walking past americas pub or something and bros wanting to punch me because i had shaggy hair..