Westport

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
mykn

Re: Westport

Post by mykn »

im2kull wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:56 pm The intolerance of differing opinions and refusal to even entertain a simple conversation is ridiculous. Y'all need to grow up.
Pro tip: It’s ok to be intolerant of intolerant people
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:11 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:44 pm The person in here has shown reprehensible conduct for awhile, and it doesn’t reflect well on cordish and the people they choose to hire.
I don’t work for Cordish and you know nothing about me based on a fucking Internet forum. Grow up.

You also need to be reminded that this is a public forum where many opinions happen. There’s absolutely no reason to get personal and try to imply anyone who hires me is making a mistake. That’s a very serious allegation and you’re fucking with a persons livelihood over what..... opinions on a forum?
I know plenty about you based off the opinions you have stated here over time. Opinions have consequences even though you have the right to have them.

The consequences of your opinions are that I think you’re an asshole that would reflect badly on any company associated with you.

I’ll remove myself from this dumpster fire of a thread now
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Shut it down. Back to Westport.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

i love this website i'm going to be an ambassador now. where's that patreon
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

wahoowa wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:50 am i love this website i'm going to be an ambassador now. where's that patreon
The Patreon information is in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20959
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

DaveKCMO wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:53 am Shut it down. Back to Westport.
I wasn't kidding. Off-topic posted deleted.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

In non-casualty news, Ça Va will reopen after St. Patrick’s Day.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

swid wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:11 pm In non-casualty news, Ça Va will reopen after St. Patrick’s Day.
THIS IS USEFUL.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Victim blaming such as what dcolekc posted and walked back is unacceptable and will not be tolerated again. Please PM me if you see it again.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

bahua wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:00 pm Victim blaming such as what dcolekc posted and walked back is unacceptable and will not be tolerated again. Please PM me if you see it again.
Yes, please PM the admin if I offend you but keep the personal attacks coming towards me. Those are totally ok!

How’s that saying go... I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand. Sorry some of you misunderstood what I said as “victim blaming”. Perhaps give me an opportunity to further explain at least before tossing out the name calling.

I’ll stay away from those types of conversations so your inbox doesn’t fill up.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Maybe next time just leave it at "I'm responsible for what I say".
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I keep opening this thread thinking i will find something worth reading, but nope.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

chaglang wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:46 pm Maybe next time just leave it at "I'm responsible for what I say".
Or maybe next time I say something, I'll be responsible for it but not responsible if people don't understand. The problem is that instead of saying, "Are you victim blaming?" and allowing for clarification, instead of calling my opinion "horrendous" and certainly before basically saying people shouldn't hire me, thus implying I shouldn't be allowed to work and provide for my family (two daughters for the record) over something I said on this forum in short form.

ANYWAY - In some slightly related Westport news. I ate at "The Town Company" restaurant inside the Hotel Kansas City over the weekend and was shocked to see Patrick Ryans name still on the menus. Fancy food to be is a great steak and wine from 801, so I'm not the greatest critic but the food wasn't fantastic. Neat little spot though.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

DColeKC wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:52 pm
chaglang wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:46 pm Maybe next time just leave it at "I'm responsible for what I say".
Or maybe next time I say something, I'll be responsible for it but not responsible if people don't understand. The problem is that instead of saying, "Are you victim blaming?" and allowing for clarification, instead of calling my opinion "horrendous" and certainly before basically saying people shouldn't hire me, thus implying I shouldn't be allowed to work and provide for my family (two daughters for the record) over something I said on this forum in short form.
You were absolutely victim blaming, there was no question about it,
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

please move on
mykn

Post by mykn »

Some Westport news, Corner Restaurant's fb page indicates they are planning on opening back up but no word on location. Also, DColeKC's opening their new shaved ice shop called Snowflake on the corner of TooSensitive Rd & ImVeryMad St.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

mykn wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:19 am Some Westport news, Corner Restaurant's fb page indicates they are planning on opening back up but no word on location. Also, DColeKC's opening their new shaved ice shop called Snowflake on the corner of TooSensitive Rd & ImVeryMad St.
On a more serious note on snowflake businesses, I haven't been there since the fences went up. Is the whole security check thing still going on?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Update: Renovating the Warwick Theater for the Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre.

http://kcstudio.org/renovating-metropol ... e-theatre/
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Providence Pizza is opening Providence by the Slice in the old Papa Keno's spot. Related to Ember's question above, I can't remember if this is inside or outside the cordon. I wish them well, they're pizza is possibly the best in KC. Hopefully this makes it more accessible to Midtown/Plaza folks, though I worry a little that their high quality pizza vibe will clash with the drunken chaos of Westport.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

isn't that the place that's in parlor? it seems to work fine there.