Westport

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Westport's fate post-P&L

Post by DaveKCMO »

kboish wrote:Right. Why aren't we have the same conversation here as we are in the Xroads. There are several huge parking lots that sit empty during the evening night life hours high demand hours that are only a block or so from the heart of wesport. To say there is no parking in Westport without questioning St. Luke's land use is to look straight past a solution.
the players, pure and simple. downtown (mostly) speaks with one voice on such things. while we quibble about details, downtown council, DNA, crossroads, river market all want walkable and transit above most other infra priorities (even though we all talk A LOT about parking).

midtown could make this same shit happen if the neighborhoods started working together. the midtown area plan implementation committee (when it's formed) could be the conduit.
ChandraNH
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ChandraNH »

Looks like the Gus's is going in the revamped shopping center next to OK Joes in kck. http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 34215.html
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Very smart move on their part. Get the spillover from people who don't want to wait in line.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

thai place in westport apparently closed. too bad. it smelled like a diaper, but served up some tasty grub. could see the space renovated into something nice, with the centrally-located U-shaped bar - hopefully something decent will come of this.

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives ... d-for-good
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

Dislike. I has a sad now.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

They clearly had a lot of water or sewer issues, smelled really bad near entrance. Was my least favorite of all the Thai Place sites, but not awful either. The place may need to be gutted to get rid of the smell.

Midtown needs some decent Thai, hope someone steps up.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I used to like it, but I haven't been there in over 5 years. Outside of being able to go there with a large group over lunch, I didn't find it very useful. I always thought the space was nice, but the food was average.

I hope something good goes in there.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Special place in my heart because that's where I first had Thai food. But I moved past it long ago.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I wonder where they plan on moving? I could see them in the strip mall on Broadway where the Papa Murphys is located, I think Mesob was suppose to locate in the corner location but I don't know if its happening
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

Papa Keno's coming back to original location next to WC&B.
ChandraNH
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ChandraNH »

I'd like to see it turned into a Korean place.
slimwhitman
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by slimwhitman »

We clearly need more parking in Westport.....
:roll:
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

As if parking at Crown Center or the Plaza locations were more convenient? It's a shame they don't just attribute it to slow traffic...and maybe a bad business decision to open the Plaza location less than a mile(?) away.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

The irony is there is no parking closer to the crown center/plaza locations and the brookside location was protested by nearby retailers when it was first proposed becase....there wouldn't be enough parking!!!
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Crown Center has a garage with free parking on the weekend along with a courtyard outside and plenty of stuff to do with the family. It's always busy. The Plaza location has a garage across the street. I would guess that the Brookside location is not near as successful and you can attribute that to parking.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

There is a garage just as close to the westport location as the plaza and crown center locations
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

So I guess I didn't know they had torn up the parking lot. Never really remembered that Panera was there, kind of an odd location.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I never thought that the lot they tore up was used much for Panera. Seemed like people parked there all day for the most part. Maybe those people move down the hill to the Mill Street parking and leave no room for Panera?

If the price of all night cookies is the loss of bland soups and sandwiches - and bagels that are more like glorified loaves of bread - than so be it.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

No one is going to walk from the Mill Street garage to the old Panera if they are going to take out. That location was killed when St. Lukes put up the Thunderdome fence across the street.