In the Life now open

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

In the Life now open

Post by tat2kc »

In the Life, a gift shop, is now open at 19th and Main, just a bit east of Main St. on 19th. Lots of cards and gifts, and a good music selection, especially with a music label called Masterbeat, which is not available anywhere else in KC. Its mainly club/dance music. Check it out and welcome them to the neighborhood!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

In the Life now open

Post by DiggityDawg »

Have you heard what's gonna become of their old spot on Westport Road? Didn't seem like they were there very long.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

In the Life now open

Post by tat2kc »

The Lesbian and Gay community Center, which had offices on the second floor, will be expanding into the downstairs space. They will have a gift shop, counseling space, some type of "cyber cafe" and more community rooms for groups such as Passages, which serves the youth in the community. I think it will also include quite a bit of basement space.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

In the Life now open

Post by KCPowercat »

tat if you can get me their address and phone, I'll put it in the downtown directory.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

In the Life now open

Post by Good2Great »

Tat,

Where can someone pick up some rainbow stickers? (I'm not being funny and I'm not gay.)
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

In the Life now open

Post by tat2kc »

In the Life carries rainbow stickers, window clingers, all kinds of pride stickers and such. they also carry some of the funniest greeeting cards around. Laugh out loud funny! 8)

Oh, and if the "rainbow" stickers in colors other than the basic rainbow confuse ya, just ask, and I'll explain! ( they can be sort of a "secret handshake" for us!) :wink:
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

In the Life now open

Post by DiggityDawg »

tat2kc wrote:The Lesbian and Gay community Center, which had offices on the second floor, will be expanding into the downstairs space. They will have a gift shop, counseling space, some type of "cyber cafe" and more community rooms for groups such as Passages, which serves the youth in the community. I think it will also include quite a bit of basement space.
Gotcha - thanks. Works out pretty good for them, huh?
TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

In the Life now open

Post by TheDude »

G2G its ok to be different dude! You obviously have not watched Fab5 or Will & Grace, although i prefer Design on a Dime and Trading Spaces. Be proud of who you are!
"ALWAYS be closing"
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

In the Life now open

Post by zonk »

Dude, be careful, G2G might be one of those leather-clad biker types!
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

In the Life now open

Post by tat2kc »

woof woof! i dig the leather clad biker types!! :wink:
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

In the Life now open

Post by Good2Great »

tat2kc wrote:woof woof! i dig the leather clad biker types!! :wink:
Don't get me wrong...I am the biker-type and may even have a nip pierced....But with that said, I just don't see the love triangle between Czar, The Dude and myself turning into a square.

Just kidding, of course, we're all hetero sword fighters!
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

In the Life now open

Post by Czar »

How did I get in the middle of this? What G2G does is his own business! My only question is: Where are all the white women at!
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

In the Life now open

Post by tat2kc »

The white women are hanging out at Tootsies. Give it a shot!! :P
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

In the Life now open

Post by Good2Great »

Czar wrote:How did I get in the middle of this?
Let me refresh your memory...

4 bottles of Boone's Farm and a French Tickler with rechargable batteries. Good thing you bought the AC adapter for that sweek starfish you're winkin!
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

In the Life now open

Post by tat2kc »

You are all pervs!! woohoo!! 8)
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

In the Life now open

Post by DiggityDawg »

tat2kc wrote:The white women are hanging out at Tootsies. Give it a shot!! :P
When you go, I recommend dressing in an Indigo Girls tour shirt.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Woo Hoo

Post by FangKC »

Who knew that architecture and urban planning geeks were such pervs?

As for In the Life, I met one of the owners, Jim, a couple months ago after First Friday art walk. He's very nice. He lived in NYC at one time, and it turns out that we know some of the same people there.
There is no fifth destination.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

In the Life now open

Post by tat2kc »

small world ain't it?
kcmajik
Strip mall
Strip mall

In the Life now open

Post by kcmajik »

tat,

is there an organization for gay/bisexual youths in KC?
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

In the Life now open

Post by tat2kc »

yep, its called Passages. They host a support group and various social gatherings. They have, in the past, hosted a prom for kids who could not or were too frightened to attend their own proms. They meet at the Lesbian and Gay community center. The address is 207 westport rd, the number is 816-931-4420. The website is: http://www.lgcc-kc.org/passages/