Rockhill Condos

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Rockhill Condos

Post by chrizow »

i did a search to see if there was already a topic about this...i didn't find one, so i am starting one.  moderators, feel free to delete this if the thread is redundant.

http://www.rockhillcondos.com/

"The Rockhill Condominiums join this historic neighborhood offering contemporary, luxury living inside a classic 1920's architectural design. Each of the five fully restored tri-level, brick buildings houses three elegant condominium homes ranging in size from 2270 to 2509 square feet. Boasting today's highest quality finishes and architectural design, The Rockhill is the perfect dwelling for those seeking the unique balance of cultural sophistication and quaint neighborhood charm."

these places look really nice (and expensive).  does anyone know anything about these?
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Rockhill Condos

Post by warwickland »

they are definitely tucked out of the way back behind the nelson... i always thought these were handsome apartment buildings. there is a suprising amount of density on that corner considering the mostly sub-urban area of southmoreland they are in. if i remember correctly, there is a wall of trees/green on the east side of rockhill road there (or near there).
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

these bad boys are WAYYYYYY overpriced as well. 

take a guess as to how much they will cost...then multiply it by 2.5.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

chrizow wrote: these bad boys are WAYYYYYY overpriced as well. 

take a guess as to how much they will cost...then multiply it by 2.5.
Colleges and Universities - Kansas City Art Institute, University of Missouri-Kansas City and Rockhurst College are all within minutes of The Rockhill Condos. Why rent when you own for about the same amount. Can you think of a better way not to pay rent or have to move from dorm room to dorm room every year.

:lol:
Appraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Appraiser »

Chris, don't know which prices you are seeing, but the prices according to MLS have been lowered significantly.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

Appraiser wrote: Chris, don't know which prices you are seeing, but the prices according to MLS have been lowered significantly.
the source of my numbers is sort of shaky...how do you access the mls numbers? 
Appraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Appraiser »

Chris, the local MLS is WWW.heartlandmls.com, you won't get full listing info without having a pass word.  I'll check when i get a minute and let you know what some of the price reductions are.
Appraiser
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Appraiser »

Ok i checked you can't get into MLS withour being a member, it will direct you to REALTOR.com.  So this is what i know.  Originally prices were from $546,000 to $639,795, now they are listed from $399,900 to $479,900.  Any realtor could tell you this so i sure hope I'm not disclosing confidential info.  By the way the current pricing structure seems very competitive with other projects of the same / similar quality.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

thanks for the info...the figures i heard were more consistent with the higher prices...
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

chrizow wrote: thanks for the info...the figures i heard were more consistent with the higher prices...
to wit: 

looks like $399K-510K  :shock:  i'm sure all the students are lining up to buy these!

http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing ... 2&x=58&y=8
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

warwickland wrote: Colleges and Universities - Kansas City Art Institute, University of Missouri-Kansas City and Rockhurst College are all within minutes of The Rockhill Condos. Why rent when you own for about the same amount. Can you think of a better way not to pay rent or have to move from dorm room to dorm room every year.

:lol:
So is there a big market amongst college students that are torn between living in the dorm vs. living in their own $500,000 condo?  "well I could spend the next four years sharing a filthy dorm shower covered in other people's body hair . . . or I could have my own marble jacouzi tub . . . Decisions, Decisions . . . " :D
eternalvibe
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by eternalvibe »

Yea they are overpriced.  i think they charge about 245 a square foot.  All decked out for sure, some rent bonuses will include a free 37 inch plasma or lcd screen already built into the wall & stuff like that, but shit, you've already paid for it if you accept their price.  We went to open house last fall & signed up for a free ipod, & ate their free cookies.  There are 3 floor condos for sale at that max intersection on like 55th & main (by Minskey's in south plaza), going for the same rate that has about 3 times the space, a garage, & a community pool.  About all the rockhill condos have to offer for extras (despite what you get in your condo) is off street parking & a freight elevator.  The location is great, sure, but I live a few blocks away paying 650 a month for 1000 sq feet!  It's not a location you have to be a millionaire to enjoy & live at.
The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter, they are an entire banquet-mark twain
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Gotta chime in.  This project is not overpriced.  I've looked at this property and knowing the costs of acquisition and construction for this quality of product they are a great value.  Some of these units are under $200 per foot and for this prime location it's a deal.  If you do a bit of research, you'll find that homes  have sold for $750,000 to well over a mil within blocks of this property.  Yeah, I can't afford it, but this is very competitive in the marketplace. 
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

the lack of sales indicates they might be a bit overpriced.  further, the developer has stalled developing/selling the other buildings in the project (probably b/c the first ones aren't selling.)
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Maybe life in the UMKC dorms isn't that bad afterall?  :lol:
horses mouth
Surface Lot

Post by horses mouth »

I see a lot of speculation about THE ROCKHILL here and I thought you would like to know the facts - I'm the listing agent on the project and let me address some of the concerns I've read here.

First of all, THE ROCKHILL has taken the market into consideration and we have lowered our prices considerably to react to the market.  We are now priced at $175/sq ft for a standard finish model unit.  We will have the new model unit completed by Thanksgiving and are having a VIP party on November 28 from 5p-7p to introduce it to the market.  We also have units that you can buy as "white box" space, meaning the walls are up, the plumbing and electric are in and you finish off the units the way you want them.  These prices start as low as $132/sq ft.  There is no other project in Kansas City that offers this much space at that price, or at $1.75/sq ft.

warwickland was concerned about the density on that corner.  THE ROCKHILL has actually taken that quite seriously and changed the project from 60 units that were originally planned to only 15 units - each owner has the entire floor of a building (2279-2509 square feet).  We are directly across from Gillham Park so there's lots of greenspace around the development.

We aren't marketing these units to students - they have the Gallery and the Vanderbilt which are less expensive projects and fit their budgets much better.  THE ROCKHILL is a luxury development with gated, secure parking in the back, all finishes are first class and because of the size of the units, they really aren't designed for first time homebuyers who are still in school.

As far as the HOA fees, we realize that we don't have a lot of amenities to offer, that's why the HOA's are only 20 cents/sq ft.  We are offering the buyers a One Year FREE membership to the ROCKHILL Club just a block away for tennis, pool or to reserve a room for a holiday party, although you can certainly accomodate a good crowd in your own home with over 2200 square feet of entertaining space.

For those buyers who buy the top floor of one of our five buildings, they are also deeded the roof -  FREE - so if they would like to add their own private roof top terrace, they can do that.  The views are spectacular - you can see all the way downtown!

So for all of you out there with misconceptions about THE ROCKHILL, I hope I have answered your questions.  If you have anymore, don't hesitate to call Suzi Sanderson, 913-209-9782, and I'll be happy to set up a tour of the property or send you a packet of information.  In the meantime, you can get the pricing, floor plans, site plan,etc. off our website: rockhillcondos.com.

Have a great day!
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Good info, Suzi.  Thanks for the share, and good luck moving those condos...........
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Thanks for the information.
horses mouth wrote: warwickland was concerned about the density on that corner.  THE ROCKHILL has actually taken that quite seriously and changed the project from 60 units that were originally planned to only 15 units - each owner has the entire floor of a building (2279-2509 square feet).  We are directly across from Gillham Park so there's lots of greenspace around the development.
I think that's exactly what warwickland was hoping would not happen. The more the merrier as far as density is concerned. What was the push to go from 60 units to only 15?

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

horses mouth wrote: warwickland was concerned about the density on that corner.  THE ROCKHILL has actually taken that quite seriously and changed the project from 60 units that were originally planned to only 15 units - each owner has the entire floor of a building (2279-2509 square feet).  We are directly across from Gillham Park so there's lots of greenspace around the development.
just to clarify, i was appreciating the density of that corner, not having concerns. i would appreciate more density in my neighborhood, as more "eyes on the street" is positive from a safety perspective and more people in the neighborhood will help the neighborhood businesses.
eternalvibe
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by eternalvibe »

I just have one last question.  Has that ipod been given away yet?

That's a significant price drop, for sure.
The political and commercial morals of the United States are not merely food for laughter, they are an entire banquet-mark twain