Midtown Apartments

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Midtown Apartments

Post by loftguy »

That's what happens when you deny breast-feeding...
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

taxi wrote:I can name several instances of my neighbors in Columbus Park believing only they are entitled to park in front of their own house. In one case, the guy backed his truck into the offender, knocking it out of his spot a few inches at a time. In another case, a neighbor broke into the offending vehicle and stole a bunch of stuff out of it, which he put on his porch – in plain site. Both of these guys are healthy, able-bodied men. Some of my neighbors put orange cones out in "their" spots. Every single one of these imbeciles complain about parking whenever a new development or business is proposed.
I bet the city has stopped listening to them about parking matters.

This is why I want to see dedicated delivery and short term spots (15 minutes or less) on blocks with retail. It provides temp spots that businesses need, that's how you sell the change, and it's a good place for a stupid tax with good parking enforcement for people that don't get it.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

They are now painting the Studio 6 building on Main that is under construction. Make some extra room for that special place in hell.
mykn

Post by mykn »

beautyfromashes wrote:They are now painting the Studio 6 building on Main that is under construction. Make some extra room for that special place in hell.
Are they just painting the back of the building, or are they now on the front? If front, someone needs to stop them. That's a beautiful building as is.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Covered windows and starting in the south side. Looks like they are going to paint the whole thing. Yuck!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

MGE Phases 3 and 4 are moving forward. New proposal has 50% more units
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

normalthings wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:01 pm MGE Phases 3 and 4 are moving forward. New proposal has 50% more units
200 apartments in this phase. Will occupy the back parking lot to Pennsylvania Street. Washington Street will be vacated.

https://cityscenekc.com/midtown-plaza-p ... e-planned/
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

KC Life can't wait to tear it down once it's built.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

KC Life the company? or is that someone on the board. Why would KC life want to tear it down?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

A humorous aside, based on Kansas City Life Insurance's history of tearing down adjacent properties including the legendary Knickerbockers.
The townhouses without driveway cuts are a very nice transition to Valentine single family homes.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

moderne wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:31 pm A humorous aside, based on Kansas City Life Insurance's history of tearing down adjacent properties including the legendary Knickerbockers.
The townhouses without driveway cuts are a very nice transition to Valentine single family homes.
Yeah, sorry I didn't think I needed the & and that people knew that KC Life has torn down 50%+ of the Valentine neighborhood over the years. My apologizes to the literal minded.