Market Station apartments, formerly KC Southern Railyard

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: Market Station apartments, formerly KC Southern Railyard

Post by ComandanteCero »

FangKC wrote: There's a fairly large plot of land along Missouri Avenue/5th Street at Central west and north of the newer part of the Conover Lofts.

There is also that plot of land west of the HOK building where they are demolishing that large warehouse building.

Also there are large parking lots on three corners of Fifth and Main.

Another lot at the SE corner of Grand and E. 5th Street.

Another lot west of the Republic Paper Lofts at 2nd and Delaware.

Another parking lot on E. 4th between Oak and Locust, and another one on Locust between E. 4th and 5th streets.

There's also a large lot that has been cleared recently for that failed bank project bordered by Missouri, Independence, Grand, and Oak.

On the Columbus Park side, there are whole blocks that are designated for redevelopment north of 5th Street between Cherry and Troost, as well as the Berkley Riverfront Park parcels north of the railroad tracts.
I was thinking more like the 7+ acres this project took up.  There are definitely a lot of medium/large plots that would work for something between the 200-300+ unit project and the 3-6 unit project.  It seems like there's some interaction between the economies of scale, construction costs and land prices that seems to encourage these large 200+ unit rental projects.

Most of the medium scale new construction residential projects have been condos (again i wonder if it's because of the prices involved). 
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: East fringe of the xroads, there are huge swaths were you could build low rise apartments similar to market station - target to the college grad crowd.  Seems like a no-brainer to me. 
i think many of those sites require environmental remediation. not saying it wouldn't work, but decades of industrial use...
mildweed
Pad site
Pad site

Post by mildweed »

They claim occupancy is up to about 30% now, as of the Urban Tour.  They said 40%, but that didn't jive with the other numbers they said.  The raw numbers calculated to be about 30%.

As nearby river market resident who would like to know, nobody would happen to have the gate code for the pool there, would you? :) PM me if you'd like a bottle of wine in return ;)
ColumbusParkian
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by ColumbusParkian »

i too would trade booze for that information...
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

While the KCRag Forum is wildly popular, I doubt that displaying the pool gate code on this site would create a noticeable rush and overrun the MS pool; so, let's have it (please)!
"Hit it, lick it, split it and quit it." -James Brown
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

taxi wrote: While the KCRag Forum is wildly popular, I doubt that displaying the pool gate code on this site would create a noticeable rush and overrun the MS pool; so, let's have it (please)!
Let in all this rif raff and the place will be a community blight, needing a TIF redevelopment within a couple years.  :lol:
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

taxi wrote: While the KCRag Forum is wildly popular, I doubt that displaying the pool gate code on this site would create a noticeable rush and overrun the MS pool; so, let's have it (please)!

Notice Posted Today In Market Station Leasing Offices:

"All MS personnel are to immediately initiate the confirmation process to insure that all persons utilizing the pool and other amenities of our superlative community are in fact RESIDENTS.  Such confirmation may be made by noting proper possession of our gold-plated access key, visual inspection of the obligatory  tatoos, or verbal verification of required knowledge of investment fund strategies."

Further, it reads"

"Especially be on the lookout for sweaty, pale-skinned, rounded-shouldered people, especially those with keyboard calloused fingertips who look, well......., different from us"
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

OK, I'll offer temporary tattoos, Cliff's Notes for Investing for Dummies and manicures to any Rag forumer who provides the code.
"Hit it, lick it, split it and quit it." -James Brown
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

mildweed wrote: They claim occupancy is up to about 30% now, as of the Urban Tour.  They said 40%, but that didn't jive with the other numbers they said.  The raw numbers calculated to be about 30%.
Does anyone have the latest occupancy figures for them? I would love to know if they are on track with their plans.
"People just repeat what everybody else says as a short cut to thinking." JTREG - BigSoccer Forum Member
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

A second request on occupancy rates if anyone has them.

http://216.119.82.16/wp-content/uploads ... arter1.pdf

According to this, rates in Q3 were $1.29/sqft for smaller units and up to $1.97.  Upper end is pretty steep even for most major cities.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

ignatius wrote: A second request on occupancy rates if anyone has them.

http://216.119.82.16/wp-content/uploads ... arter1.pdf

According to this, rates in Q3 were $1.29/sqft for smaller units and up to $1.97.  Upper end is pretty steep even for most major cities.
Ig, 74-75%.  No substantial rent concessions. Continued good traffic (at least befor the snow).
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

75% is not bad considering they appear to be the priciest in KC metro.  Would think once they hit 90%, it may encourage more construction of higher end rental units downtown.
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

ignatius wrote: 75% is not bad considering they appear to be the priciest in KC metro.  Would think once they hit 90%, it may encourage more construction of higher end rental units downtown.
That's what I'm looking for.
"People just repeat what everybody else says as a short cut to thinking." JTREG - BigSoccer Forum Member
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Market Station

Post by FangKC »

Market Station Apartments, in the River Market, has been sold to a Memphis real estate trust.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... 2012-09-20
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Market Station Apartments, in the River Market, has been sold to a Memphis real estate trust.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... 2012-09-20
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

They repainted part of this building blue. Maybe they're freshening it up because of 2nd and Delaware getting close to completion?

Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

I like the blue, it would be nice if they repainted the whole building
Rabble
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Rabble »

Any idea if 2nd street will be opened up between Market Station and the 2nd & Delaware Apartments?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Rabble wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:14 pm Any idea if 2nd street will be opened up between Market Station and the 2nd & Delaware Apartments?
Yes

TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

This up-to-date rendering shows it in part