Developer proposes twin condo towers on Grand (Wellington Place)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
jim040558
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Developer proposes twin condo towers on Grand (Wellington Place)

Post by jim040558 »

Maitre D wrote:
Perhaps.  But comments to me such as, Have you been to any other city in the US?  Seriously? pretty much invite sarcasm & negativity right?
Yes, you are right. Just don't take the bait, and don't lay it out there for anyone else to bite on.

So, Wellington Place. Don't you all think it's a cool concept? I for one would love to eat in the restaurant, and my wife and I have been toying with selling the JoCo house and moving downtown in the next couple of years. A building like that or the converted Federal Reserve building look like they are worth checking into.
Ah, but that man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Maitre D wrote:
Perhaps.  But comments to me such as, Have you been to any other city in the US?  Seriously? pretty much invite sarcasm & negativity right?
Come on Maitre D, you put more "bait" out there than anybody.  I think we just don't see eye to eye on a lot of stuff, but I respect you as a forumer, otherwise I would ignore you, like I do some others on this board. ;)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

MD.....downtown condo markets aren't a topic you are well versed in.  You use very simplistic points of view when casting pretty definitive opinions when there are a wide variety of factors that go into the downtown condo market that based on your comments, you have no idea about.  Just for reference, not everybody buying a condo downtown wants to be 2 blocks from the P&L district.  Reference projects like Conover, like the $3M penthouse at 909 Walnut, like 5 Delaware, like 1st & Main, like Western Auto, like BMA tower....you get the idea.

I hope you read more of these threads and gain additional knowledge on this subject if it truly interests you.  Seems you join these conversations with no intentions of adding to the conversation.  Maybe name changing KC sports figures is more your strong suit.

As to this development, it still seems very pie in the sky, but I think it could be a great bookend for the CBD.  Zonk is probably right though, with the Funk's economic policies, this project will be that much harder to lift off the ground.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

advocrat wrote: "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." Mark Twain

Recent doomsday posts about Wellington Place remind me of the report of Mark Twain's death by learned commentators.
Mark Twain is definitely dead. ;)
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag