New business in the crossroads?

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

New business in the crossroads?

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

The girlfriend and I went down to walk around our soon-to-be new neighborhood and we noticed that it looks like they might be starting to finish out the retail/restaurant space at the South end of Stuart Hall.  Anyone heard anything about what is going in? 
scartva
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: New business in the crossroads?

Post by scartva »

This same area will soon be my new neighborhood as well.  I am waiting for a loft to be completed at Freighthouse Flats right across from Stuart Hall.  I wasn’t even aware that they had retail planned for the first floor of that building.  As a soon to be new resident of the area, I’m happy to hear about this.  Any idea what it will be?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Yeah they have two commercial spaces in the building.  One is in the part of the building that juts out towards Union Station to the South and looks like a really cool space for a store or restaurant - it has super high ceilings and tall windows that should have a nice view of the station and memorial.  The other space is on the Central St. side and I think they are marketing it as office space.  I don't know for sure if they have a tennant but it looked like they were putting up studs and dry wall the other day so I was curious if any one knew anything. 

Scartva, we will be down there by the end of the month.  Nice to get a head start on meeting the neighbors.
scartva
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by scartva »

I won't actually be moving in until December or January.  I'll be attending a party in the area next Thursday so I'll check out the progress of Stuart Hall.  Good luck to you both!
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Is there still nobody around who has any idea what is going in this spot?  They have pretty well built the place out, painted the walls, etc.  It looks like it should be ready for furnishing/decorating very soon.  It looks as though it will almost certainly be some sort of bar or restaurant as I saw them moving in some stainless countertops one day.  I tried to pump the leasing agent in Stuart Hall for info but she played very coy - acting almost as if she didn't even know the space was there, much less that someone was building a business in it - yeah right.  Even as tight lipped as this project seems to be - surely somebody around here knows something; the thing is almost finished.
gootsku
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by gootsku »

From what I hear, it is going to be an office for some type of landscaping business.  The business is somehow connected with the developer of Stuart Hall lofts.  Obviously, this is good news since a business is locating here.  But I kind of wished it was going to become a bar/coffee shop/restaurant.  I live at Stuart Hall and would love walking downstairs to booze it up.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

the crossroads could use some new restaurant concepts that fit in well. labodega is a great one that just happens to be in the right place, but i was thinking something more along the lines of a jerusalem cafe or a vegetarian restaurant would do well there.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

address of the space?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
gootsku
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by gootsku »

2121 Central, attached to Stuart Hall
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Yeah it is the same address as the lofts; I assume it will have a suite number. 

KCP while you are doing your research (or anybody else who may know) what is going in on the southwest corner of 15th and Walnut?  They sure are doing a hell of a lot of work on the building. 
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Something called Interior Landscapes:

http://kivaweb.kcmo.org/kivanet/2/proje ... R200511564
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

dangerboy wrote: Something called Interior Landscapes:

http://kivaweb.kcmo.org/kivanet/2/proje ... R200511564
Interior Landscapes doesn't sound like a traditional landscaping business. Hopefully it some sort of creative design firm.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

There's another new business coming to the Crossroads - in the newly renovated 1800 Baltimore building.  There are signs up on the windows along Baltimore and 18th for a shoe store called Habitat.

KCDowntown
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: KCP while you are doing your research (or anybody else who may know) what is going in on the southwest corner of 15th and Walnut?  They sure are doing a hell of a lot of work on the building. 
Does nobody know what this is? 
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Does nobody know what this is? 
Which corner?  Do you have an address?
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

I am going to have to walk by again.  I think they had the street number spraypainted on some of the plywood but I can't remember it.  It is on the Southwest corner where the south side of the loop intersects Walnut. 
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: I am going to have to walk by again.  I think they had the street number spraypainted on some of the plywood but I can't remember it.  It is on the Southwest corner where the south side of the loop intersects Walnut. 
Looks like 1510 from the GIS.  Includes 1512 and 1516.  Here is the language on their permit:

CONSTRUCT A RENOVATION OF EXISTING OFFICE AND CONSTRUCT NEW PARKING PER APPROVED PLANS.

Owned by CURRY INVESTMENT CO
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Last edited by Deleted User on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

yeah, it is a heck of a lot of construction - a lot more than you would expect to just be fixing up some offices.  I would have swore that the lower level was going to be some sort of retail but I guess I could be wrong. 
paisstat
New York Life
New York Life

Post by paisstat »

I've watched that building since January.  They completely gutted the building and started anew.  They just installed new windows over the past week or so and it is really starting to look nice.