Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I always found parking along 22nd St and central and I still find plenty when I go to Lulu's
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:23 pm I always found parking along 22nd St and central and I still find plenty when I go to Lulu's
Yeah, I’m lazy.
SimplyKC
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by SimplyKC »

Ironically had Broadway Deli for lunch today. One of my favorites downtown for a sandwich. My wife said it was crowded when she picked it up and no indicators of closing, but who knows.

I can still get M&M Bakery though! Not a direct competitor, but great eats for the money.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:26 pm Too bad. That said I never went. It was not due to parking.
Ditto. I'm within easy walking distance all of the time and eat out often. Never appealed to me. I went to Pezzetino's more than most.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

SimplyKC wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:36 pm I can still get M&M Bakery though! Not a direct competitor, but great eats for the money.
It's been too long since I've been there but I absolutely love M&M.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Where in the Xroads is the next 10+ story building most likely to get built? Like actually in the pipeline. Not just where you think one should go.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Most likely:

1. Tracks 215 Project at 2100 Central. 12 stories. Has local developer partnered with big national apartment investor.

2. The Hotel Bravo site near 16th and Wyandotte. 13 stories. It may not be the Hotel Bravo plan we've read about, but the developers will likely come back with an altered plan that doesn't require as many subsidies. Whitney Kerr is nothing if not persistent.

3. SW corner of Truman Road and Main. owned by FanThreeSixty, who occupy the former Hanna Rubber Building. The CEO has said in the past they envision a 15-story building there. Have discussed intent to develop the parcel.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

kboish wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:59 am Where in the Xroads is the next 10+ story building most likely to get built? Like actually in the pipeline. Not just where you think one should go.
Check the Kansas City development map for outstanding permit activity,
https://www.kcmo.gov/city-hall/departme ... racker-map

Currently under construction - REVERB 14 stories. 18th and Walnut

Tracks 215 - in Pipeline.
215 W. 22nd St
3 story garage with 9 floors of apartments on top.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Calvert's at Truman and Main sold earlier this year. Anyone heard any rumblings about what's going to replace it?
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:40 pm Calvert's at Truman and Main sold earlier this year. Anyone heard any rumblings about what's going to replace it?
I wondered how long that guy would hold out. It’s still open and doing business. Wonder what the plan is.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DColeKC wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:49 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:40 pm Calvert's at Truman and Main sold earlier this year. Anyone heard any rumblings about what's going to replace it?
I wondered how long that guy would hold out. It’s still open and doing business. Wonder what the plan is.
At one point, I remember seeing the place pretty much entirely emptied out. Everything has been back for many months (probably 1-2 years now).
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

FangKC wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:24 pm 3. SW corner of Truman Road and Main. owned by FanThreeSixty, who occupy the former Hanna Rubber Building. The CEO has said in the past they envision a 15-story building there. Have discussed intent to develop the parcel.
"
Robb Heineman, CEO of FanThreeSixty, said his firm wants to eventually develop the entire property occupied by the 1520 Main building and an adjoining parking lot to the north into a large-scale project that could include a hotel and/or apartments and first floor retail.

“We could put a 15-story apartment tower on that easily with an interior garage for residents and workers,” he said. “We have had some renderings done for a project like that, but it could completely change.”

"
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Goodwill had an open house today for their new office across from their old office on 18th at Campbell.

This will be the future retail space:

They're leasing from Abbott Properties. Not sure where they relocated to, but probably that renovated building on Grand.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Surface lots begone. But no details on what will be developed.
A developer plans a massive $350 million mixed-use project in the Crossroads Arts District, according to filings submitted to the city and the Economic Development Corp. of Kansas City.

The developer plans to preserve and renovate the four multistory loft buildings east of Main Street, while “decaying” small one-story buildings at 2001 Walnut St. and 2110 Grand Blvd. will be demolished and the land targeted for other uses.

According to the plan, the developer will build mixed-use projects on the east side of the Main/Walnut streets viaduct and the area west of Main Street.

The approval of the development plan and the qualification analysis are the first steps for a development of this size to seek abatements and incentives. The developer must return to the PIEA to get approval for individual aspects of the project should it go forward.
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... pment.html
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

earthling wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:39 pm Surface lots begone. But no details on what will be developed.
Looks like the two buildings to be demolished are nothing special. I don't think I've ever even noticed that the one at 2110 Grand existed.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

The site...

earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

They'll probably want mega incentives for parking garages, which could be a challenge with new mayor/council...
The project would preserve some existing buildings, add new construction, replace parking lots with garages and add density to the underused area on the southern edge of the Crossroads Arts District.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I question the map. The description says "Wyandotte to Grand" but the project map doesn't
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

The same developer doing KC Star old HQ. They don't have much history with building new large buildings it seems, mainly restoring old buildings.

http://dream-design-develop.com/
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

I would hate to see this get demolished

EDIT: Never mind, looks like they're probably just talking about the building that's almost under the viaduct