OFFICIAL: Professional Building

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Thaine
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Professional Building (1103 Grand Boulevard)

Post by Thaine »

My understanding is that they are going to use the lot where the National Garage used to be for parking.

They tried to use, at least the facade, of that old building, but it was too far gone.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: OFFICIAL: Professional Building

Post by trailerkid »

They're advertising in The Pitch...occupancy starts July 1st according to the web site.

Nice to have some affordable, yet urban housing in the CBD. Hopefully more will be on the way.
Bridgeworks311
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Bridgeworks311 »

Drove by today and there are now signs on the building advertising their website, www.pblofts.com, and a phone number.

I called them and the property manager was very nice...she said they'll be part of the Urban Tour and have the entire 15th floor open as models.  She said they have something like 26 different floorplans.

Also exciting, she said they are going to have a coffee shop and a Jimmie John's on the first floor in addition to one other retail space.

She too quoted the July 1 completion date.

That is an amazingly beautiful building from the outside.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

The entire building is income restricted, correct?
MidWestSider
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by MidWestSider »

I've never seen this building with the exterior lights on before.

Last edited by MidWestSider on Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

^ holly shit, that's awesome!
Long
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Long »

Of the properties I toured yesterday (everything in the Garment District and most of the Financial District) I was most impressed with this building.  Very simple and elegant designs, clever solutions to such things as how to handle bedrooms that don't have a window, clean and simple detailing from the kitchen cabinets to the interior doors having no trim, and the level of workmanship seemed pretty high.

I really appreciate how nice they made the units look while sticking with fairly economical design details, fixtures and materials.  Some people might think it looks a little stark, but I don't think anyone could accuse it of looking cheap.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

This building and the Bryant building are 2 of my favorites. I wish we had more like these.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Lofts will open in Professional Building

The Professional Building Lofts will open in the summer, a leasing agent for commercial space in the long-vacant building at 1103 Grand Blvd. said Tuesday.

Connealy said the building's first street-level commercial tenant is Jimmy John's, a sandwich shop. The franchise's operator is Mark Abbott, who runs a Jimmy John's in Westport.

The downtown shop will open in August in the building's northwest corner, Connealy said. He's also completing a lease with a coffee shop and said about 1,500 square feet of additional space is available for lease to one or two tenants.

An additional 2,900 square feet is available for office tenants on the building's east side fronting McGee Street, where the National Garage once stood.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

What great news. I wish a lot more of the rehabs and developments were mixed use vertically like this one.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Jimmy John's is great.  Franchised, so minimal chain guilt, and they are open very late and offer delivery.  I hope this location follows the same model and does well downtown.  Send Planet Sub a message!
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

I find Jimmy John's to be even blander than Subway, although I know that goes against the conventional wisdom it's the best place on earth.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

dangerboy wrote: I find Jimmy John's to be even blander than Subway, although I know that goes against the conventional wisdom it's the best place on earth.
For me, they come in handy when I am starving and need something nearby without driving, but Im no huge fan of their sandwiches either. Though I do think they are a little more appealing than subway.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

I'd rather make a PBJ then step foot in a Subway.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

dangerboy wrote: I find Jimmy John's to be even blander than Subway, although I know that goes against the conventional wisdom it's the best place on earth.
Yeah...they're like the "cool" chain of sub shops...very popular with the 18-29 demographic because of their signage and advertising. I never really liked them, but I haven't had one for about 5-6 years. Nonetheless, they are still popular right now and I wish them success.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

As a vegetarian, I need nothing more than their cheese-laden, guacamole piled veggie-friendly sandwich on their tasty Italian bread.  Try that and you'll see why I like it.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

I don't remember any mention of a rooftop deck while I was on the loft tour, but it looks like a gazebo is being build on the south side of the roof.
Last edited by scooterj on Wed May 24, 2006 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

staubio wrote: As a vegetarian, I need nothing more than their cheese-laden, guacamole piled veggie-friendly sandwich on their tasty Italian bread.  Try that and you'll see why I like it.
(a) did you finally go totally-veggie?

(b) the Gourmet Veggie Club on french bread, with extra avocado, is incredible.  it is the perfect drunk food because it hits the spot, is nourishing, and doesn't make you want to kill yourself like eating an entire pizza does.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

chrizow wrote: (a) did you finally go totally-veggie?

(b) the Gourmet Veggie Club on french bread, with extra avocado, is incredible.  it is the perfect drunk food because it hits the spot, is nourishing, and doesn't make you want to kill yourself like eating an entire pizza does.
(a) Aye

(b) Aye!
Burton
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Burton »

Called today, the lady said move-in dates start August 1st.

She said they don't allow college students enrolled full-time to live there.  #-o

I'm going over there on Thursday for a tour, I'll post any important info.