TWA Building

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Eggie
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: TWA Building

Post by Eggie »

. . . aaaand, how do I post pictures in the gallery? I'm an idiot.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/newforum/i ... ic=10188.0

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Eggie wrote: . . . aaaand, how do I post pictures in the gallery? I'm an idiot.
Toss has good advice ;) , but I find it easier (not to mention cheaper for KCP) to use www.photobucket.com

Sign up there then follow the steps to upload photos.  After you upload them you'll see a box below them with an [img]http://picture_path[/img] text in it.  Grab that text and slap it in the forum.  Whola!
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/s ... aily6.html
Barkley Evergreen & Partners Inc. shed some ballast Monday as it launched a new, shorter name and a redesigned logo.

The Kansas City-based advertising agency changed its name to simply Barkley, effective immediately, and adopted a rocket ship as its new logo.

The name change for the agency comes in conjunction with a planned relocation Oct. 31 from 423 W. Eighth St. to a new headquarters at 1740 Main St. The new location is in the Crossroads District and is the former world headquarters of TransWorld Airlines.

As part of the overhaul of the 133,000-square-foot Crossroads building, Barkley has erected a three-story-tall rocket, a replica of the TWA Moonliner. The original rocket ship, designed by Walt Disney's team of Imagineers, signified one-time TWA majority shareholder Howard Hughes' desire to guide the airline into space travel. Barkley's replica returns the rocket to Kansas City's skyline after a 44-year absence, the agency said in a release.

Barkley's new headquarters will include a theater, grass-lined rooftop observation deck, open floor plan and gallery space that will feature art from local and national artists.
Eggie
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Eggie »

Thanks for the help Toss and Kard.  I can't seem to get either option to work due to an excess of pixils, I guess.  I give up.  Sorry for wasting peoples' time. 
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Woah.  The garage on the Barkley building has hunter-orange "siding" going up on one corner!

I'm loving this building more and more--first a rocket and now this.  The wackier the better, please.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
WorldTraveler
New York Life
New York Life

Post by WorldTraveler »

Kard wrote: Woah.  The garage on the Barkley building has hunter-orange "siding" going up on one corner!

I'm loving this building more and more--first a rocket and now this.  The wackier the better, please.
The orange siding is stunning from street level. Excellent design.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

sorry for the camera phone pic, but here's the shiny orange goodness:

chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

nice.  el dorado architects are the shizz.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

The guys at Eldo are great, but ya gotta give some big credit to Brad Nicholson.  He's given them the opportunity and he has a great sense of design as well as serious guts.  Hard to tell what what his influence here.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

El Dorado did not do the garage. Helix did the garage. I remember teasing the architect, sayiing "how exciting can you make a freaking garage?" He laughed, and told me to wait till his drawings were finished. Then I saw them, and thought that it could be very cool. Helix does some amazing work.  They did the Hotel Phillips, Webster House, Blossom House, the Toy and Minature museum. They're also doing the Bolling Federal Building renovation. 
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by tat2kc »

They are putting up glass facing on the exterior of the garage. Thats making it look so much nicer than the typical garage. I can't wait till the retail begins to move into the ground level spaces.  Looks great!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

the glass:

also interesting is that the orange stuff wraps around the entire building, even the backside. you can see it when you approach from the urban living center parking lot.
midtown guy
New York Life
New York Life

Post by midtown guy »

Opening day is slated for November 14...it will be great to have 300+ people gracing the area during the daytime/early evening hours
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

Not that this is a shameless plug.

http://www.northeastnews.net/11-01-06/postcard.html

Sportster
...historically speaking
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Almost done?

Haikus are easy
Refrigerator
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by eliphar17 »

Whoa!
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Not too bad for a parking garage I guess.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by macnw »

Sorry, I don't get all the excitement :(
Marreekarr
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Marreekarr »

Oh shoot!  Where's that number for the travel agent?  I gotta get back to KC and see that thing. Man, you people are driving me nutty with the pictures.