423 West 8th Street (Barton Bros Shoe Building)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: 423 West 8th Street (Barton Bros Shoe Building)

Post by kboish »

Yeah it sounded like they are seeking historic tax credits, which are not city incentives

nevermind
Hassenflu submitted his initial Fashionbilt plan to city economic development officials last March, part of a surge of residential applications filed ahead of the deadline when stricter incentive policies adopted by the City Council took effect.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

FangKC wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:49 am When a developer says they will be seeking incentives, it could simply be federal and state historic tax credits for the renovation of the existing building, not city incentives. They might not be seeking incentives for the new structure. It's unclear from the article though.
True. I’ll wait and see.
Cratedigger
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Cratedigger »

I know they were originally targeting a July 15, 2022 construction start date with a December 15, 2023 completion. Has anyone heard anything recently about this project?
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Approval for the revised plans was on the City Council Agenda today. I'm not sure what the timeline for construction start currently looks like.
AlkaliAxel
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by AlkaliAxel »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:23 pm Approval for the revised plans was on the City Council Agenda today. I'm not sure what the timeline for construction start currently looks like.
It's gotta be starting soon. What are the revised plans?
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

I don't put much faith into Hassenflu anymore. He got approval on that Martini Corner building and construction never started. What makes us think this one will be any different? Does he just get sites tied up and projects entitled then sells "build ready" plans or does he actually build anything? Going back on Google and other sources, he's proposed many things and delivered little.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

AlkaliAxel wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:05 pm It's gotta be starting soon. What are the revised plans?
I didn't pour over all the details, but overall, it looks similar to the renderings posted earlier. Probably just minor tweaks.
Chris Stritzel wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:08 pm He got approval on that Martini Corner building and construction never started.
I did notice a couple Zoning Compliance Letters issued within the past month on the Levy project. I'm not sure if that means it is being sold, or if it's for financing construction, but hopefully something will happen before too long.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Back in March, an application to the FAA was made for the new building portion of the site.
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/se ... 795&row=92