1844 Broadway

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

1844 Broadway

Post by langosta »

I noticed that a collection of parcels across Broadway from Faultless Linen is owned by "Encore Properties." Parcel Viewer shows that this firm is housed at Bernstein-Rein. Further research puts Bob Bernstein himself as the president of Encore properties.

Does anyone know more details about this real estate firm; any current uses for the land; or any proposals (past or present, dead or alive)?

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: 1844 Broadway

Post by DaveKCMO »

No clue. It's still zoned M1-5 and that bit of residential. The alley hasn't been vacated, and that will be a challenge.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I wonder if they are in the process of assembling properties for development years from now?
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Knowing KC, probably. I wish they would just infill instead of targeting a future tear down and block sized development.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I wouldn't assume it's a teardown. For economy of scale, buying up all the empty parcels and building on all of them at once would make sense.

I can picture multiple row homes or town homes on the smaller parcels and a 3-4 story apartment building on the bigger one
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

It's Kansas City. Assume everything is a teardown until proven otherwise.