Downtown tower construction boom in 2020?

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: Downtown tower construction boom in 2020?

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

I think a significant item to really focus on to continue a boom line this is we truly need to lock down a large company with a tower, sure the W&R tower will be a big deal, as well as strata, but if we could get a committed customer that wants a large scale class A tower downtown that would continue this momentum almost indefinitely
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Of these buildings, any idea of the 1) Level of certainty they will be built and 2) likely start dates?

Obviously, Waddell Reed and Hyatt house are essentially 100% surety with Hyatt House started and Waddell Reed about underway.

How about:

Three Light

13th and Wyandotte

Strata
kenrbnj
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kenrbnj »

Hmm.

Given the publicity; the following are "real":

Three light
Hyatt on Broadway
Strata
11 and Wyandotte building
Waddell and Reed

Possibility - since the developer would look only silly ( versus incompetent ):

Complex near Denny's
Crown center at 27th
Maybe twisty tower.

Missi g anything? .
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:19 am I think a significant item to really focus on to continue a boom line this is we truly need to lock down a large company with a tower, sure the W&R tower will be a big deal, as well as strata, but if we could get a committed customer that wants a large scale class A tower downtown that would continue this momentum almost indefinitely
I’m not sure who in the area would be able to do anything “large.”

Burns & Mac, Garmin, Cerner, Terracon, Kewit, are all locked into long term commitments at new suburban projects.

KCS sounds like they want to build another tower but I don’t think it would be anything bigger then WR.

I think our only hope for a large tower would be a corporate relocation: Union Pacific maybe looking to move their 4,000 employee HQ out of Omaha. Sherman Williams is publicly considering an HQ move (I doubt they leave CLEVE). JP Morgan is very publicly moving tens of thousands of jobs from NYC - likely to Midwest and South. The federal government could also pursue a consolidation of their existing KC offices to downtown. IIRC, Copaken Brooks has floated a 40-60 federal tower before.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

I could not find the project-specific thread: 13th & Wyandotte BAP Office Tower is moving forward. The grading permit was filed for in late April as well as a zoning compliance report.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

normalthings wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:02 am I could not find the project-specific thread: 13th & Wyandotte BAP Office Tower is moving forward. The grading permit was filed for in late April as well as a zoning compliance report.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20560