Parking Garage Madness, Lyric YMCA, DST, ect

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Parking Garage Madness, Lyric YMCA, DST, ect

Post by mean »

"Guys, we have tens of millions of dollars that we have to spend before Friday or we'll get our budget cut!"
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

So, why did they build a garage, and not, say, offices?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I was joking, obviously. I have no idea. Maybe someone thought they needed a fancy garage for their fancy employees to park in, fancily.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Not sure where else to place this:

KCMO Auditor has released a report on how the promise of KCPD to hire 10 officers for downtown on-street parking enforcement is going after receiving substantial city funding (and a vehicle fleet) for the positions in 2018. In short: It isn't going well (as members of this board might have predicted in 2018!) KCPD has hired 2 of 10 positions and essentially absorbed the funds KCMO directed their way. A classic KCPD swindle!

Auditor finds this is continuing to prevent KCMO from achieving its transportation policy goals.

https://www.kcmo.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=6512
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

I don't know where to put this, but I certainly have some suggestions for where KCPD parking control can put it:

I received a parking violation in the mail last month for blocking a drive. The address was on a block up the street that had zero curb cuts (how many city blocks are like that?!) The only time I have ever blocked a drive would have been my own. I wasted a half hour on line before deciding to cut my time losses and just paid the $38 fine.

Thanks to this forum for providing a safe space for me to pound violently on my keyboard until my fingers began to bleed a bit. The therapeutic opportunity is appreciated.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'm shocked.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

taxi wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:42 am I don't know where to put this, but I certainly have some suggestions for where KCPD parking control can put it:

I received a parking violation in the mail last month for blocking a drive. The address was on a block up the street that had zero curb cuts (how many city blocks are like that?!) The only time I have ever blocked a drive would have been my own. I wasted a half hour on line before deciding to cut my time losses and just paid the $38 fine.

Thanks to this forum for providing a safe space for me to pound violently on my keyboard until my fingers began to bleed a bit. The therapeutic opportunity is appreciated.
You're welcome.