Tracks 215 Project

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

Do we know for sure that these projects are connected, besides being in the same Freighthouse PIEA area?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:49 pm Do we know for sure that these projects are connected, besides being in the same Freighthouse PIEA area?
They are.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Any updates on this project?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Multi-Phase Freighthouse District Redevelopment Plan to Kick Off in Early 2020
Developer Vince Bryant plans to launch an ambitious redevelopment plan for the Freight House District by renovating the former Superior Moving & Storage buildings at 2020 Walnut into office space.
When fully built out, the estimated value of the investment could reach $350 million, according to a report prepared for the Planned Industrial Expansion Authority.
The first project he plans to pursue is the renovation of the Superior buildings into an office project he is calling “The Podium.” A redevelopment plan is expected to be introduced to the PIEA by March, and construction could begin before the end of 2020.
https://cityscenekc.com/multi-phase-fre ... arly-2020/
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Good to see more specifics but still seems like a weak proposal with no financing details.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

earthling wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:31 am Good to see more specifics but still seems like a weak proposal with no financing details.
What kind of agreement they could make with PIEA likely determines the financing details. I wouldn't announce details of the multiple banks I was talking to before signing on a loan either.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

New Advance KC document related to this project - it looks like it went from 12 stories to 7 (5 stories of apts over 2 of garage). The owner of the land, 3D Development, will give the land to Greystar Development in exchange for 150 parking spaces for 2101 Broadway, presumably opening up space for a new project elsewhere in the Freight House District as mentioned before in this thread)

Project now has 150 units - down from 250 - at $2.35 a sqft rental rate excluding the 10% of affordable units. The document also mentioned occupancy challenges at Arterra which is 34% unoccupied.

There's a new rendering in the document as well.

KCDowntown
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCDowntown wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:06 pm New Advance KC document related to this project - it looks like it went from 12 stories to 7 (5 stories of apts over 2 of garage). The owner of the land, 3D Development, will give the land to Greystar Development in exchange for 150 parking spaces for 2101 Broadway, presumably opening up space for a new project elsewhere in the Freight House District as mentioned before in this thread)

Project now has 150 units - down from 250 - at $2.35 a sqft rental rate excluding the 10% of affordable units. The document also mentioned occupancy challenges at Arterra which is 34% unoccupied.

KCDowntown
Unfortunate to see that shift. Other buildings seem extremely full with high rents. Arterra’s listings on leasing websites also made it sound a lot fuller.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

normalthings wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:01 pm
KCDowntown wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:06 pm New Advance KC document related to this project - it looks like it went from 12 stories to 7 (5 stories of apts over 2 of garage). The owner of the land, 3D Development, will give the land to Greystar Development in exchange for 150 parking spaces for 2101 Broadway, presumably opening up space for a new project elsewhere in the Freight House District as mentioned before in this thread)

KCDowntown
Unfortunate to see that shift. Other buildings seem extremely full with high rents. Arterra’s listings on leasing websites also made it sound a lot fuller.
Agreed, I thought at last discussed on the occupancy thread that Arterra was leasing up decently. I mean rents there go up into the 3700 range so understandably the market can't absorb immediately. I though this was supposed to be more mid-grade housing.
dukuboy1
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by dukuboy1 »

It's a shame that the vertical size has gone done at a loss of units. The rendering still looks good and should fit in well with neighboring buildings.

I think a nice compromise might be around 10 stories and about 200 units. But I guess it's better to maybe play it safe & beuild a project that has best case to get & stay leased, which makes the overall area better and willing for more developers to come in with new ideas & projects.

Not that this area of town is lacking for development :)
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dukuboy1 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:34 am It's a shame that the vertical size has gone done at a loss of units. The rendering still looks good and should fit in well with neighboring buildings.

I think a nice compromise might be around 10 stories and about 200 units. But I guess it's better to maybe play it safe & beuild a project that has best case to get & stay leased, which makes the overall area better and willing for more developers to come in with new ideas & projects.

Not that this area of town is lacking for development :)
Also sounds like 3D will develop 150+ units at another nearby project in the near future.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I'm more excited about the amenities discussed that the number of units or heights with this project. I wouldn't want to live next to the tracks.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

KCPowercat wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:35 pm I'm more excited about the amenities discussed that the number of units or heights with this project. I wouldn't want to live next to the tracks.
It's about the same as living under the flight path to the airport. it becomes part of the environment.

car noise is way worse. it's way more constant in terms of impact.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

New rendering

Old rendering

Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Same design, just shorter. Still a good project in my opinion
langosta
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by langosta »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:22 am Same design, just shorter. Still a good project in my opinion
Parking garage shrank which looks nicer imho
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:01 pm

KCDowntown
On Arterra, EDC and the journalists usually have a lag on the numbers they report. That number is also just occupied vs. leased. The numbers shown on apartment hunting websites may not be 100% accurate but could be a more recent representation of where leasing is.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCDowntown
An amendment to 22nd & Main TIF Plan for a 150 unit apartment building and 300 space garage was introduced to the council this week.

A TIF redevelopment agreement for the project is before the TIF Commission as well.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:01 pm

KCDowntown
An amendment to 22nd & Main TIF Plan for a 150 unit apartment building and 300 space garage was introduced to the council this week.

A TIF redevelopment agreement for the project is before the TIF Commission as well.
http://cityclerk.kcmo.org/LiveWeb/Docum ... txHrnoQ5U0
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

The 3D/Greystar team plans 6 projects for the Freight House district.

Tracks 215 moves to full committee with recommendation Do Pass