Tracks 215 Project

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
User avatar
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall
Posts: 15133
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:02 pm
Location: Old Northeast -- Indian Mound

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by FangKC »

normalthings wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:15 pm
normalthings wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:11 pm
Geotechnical drilling today
The project is moving forward. 99% sure it gets built.
It's amazing to me that sites like this might get developed long before vacant blocks at 10th and Grand, 20th and Grand, 27th and Grand, and most of the East Village.

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower
Posts: 8979
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by flyingember »

FangKC wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:26 am
normalthings wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:15 pm
normalthings wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:11 pm
Geotechnical drilling today
The project is moving forward. 99% sure it gets built.
It's amazing to me that sites like this might get developed long before vacant blocks at 10th and Grand, 20th and Grand, 27th and Grand, and most of the East Village.
Ownership comes with the right to do nothing.

Chris Stritzel
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Milhaus is taking over.

User avatar
Anthony_Hugo98
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:50 pm
Location: Vicenza, IT

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Chris Stritzel wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:46 am
Milhaus is taking over.
Shouldn’t that accelerate the timeline? It seems like they’re eager to become a bigger player in the market here for sure.
For all my military brothers and sisters out there, thanks for paving the way, ill do my best! AIRBORNE!

User avatar
normalthings
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4290
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:46 am
Milhaus is taking over.
Shouldn’t that accelerate the timeline? It seems like they’re eager to become a bigger player in the market here for sure.
Yes. New plan will be introduced at Crossroads Neighborhood meeting next week.

User avatar
Anthony_Hugo98
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:50 pm
Location: Vicenza, IT

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:37 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 pm
Chris Stritzel wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:46 am
Milhaus is taking over.
Shouldn’t that accelerate the timeline? It seems like they’re eager to become a bigger player in the market here for sure.
Yes. New plan will be introduced at Crossroads Neighborhood meeting next week.
Does that mean a substantial design change? Or simply updating there timeline and whatnot?
For all my military brothers and sisters out there, thanks for paving the way, ill do my best! AIRBORNE!

User avatar
normalthings
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4290
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by normalthings »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:49 pm
normalthings wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:37 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 pm


Shouldn’t that accelerate the timeline? It seems like they’re eager to become a bigger player in the market here for sure.
Yes. New plan will be introduced at Crossroads Neighborhood meeting next week.
Does that mean a substantial design change? Or simply updating there timeline and whatnot?
i think so. Helix is now the architect.

Chris Stritzel
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Per the CityScene KC Article, it doesn't seem like this will change all that much in scope...
The new project, renamed The Tracks, is expected to be similar to the plan pursued by Bryant with about 200 apartments in a seven-story building. It also will include a 265-space garage.

User avatar
normalthings
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4290
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by normalthings »

Looked like geotechnical 4-5 drills are on site. Seems rather rare to have that many and to be testing every pier.

User avatar
Anthony_Hugo98
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:50 pm
Location: Vicenza, IT

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

normalthings wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:29 pm
Looked like geotechnical 4-5 drills are on site. Seems rather rare to have that many and to be testing every pier.
Could it have something to do with proximity to RR Tracks? I’d imagine the structural support would have more stringent requirements when Hundreds of thousands of tons of freight roll by every day.
For all my military brothers and sisters out there, thanks for paving the way, ill do my best! AIRBORNE!

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower
Posts: 8979
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by flyingember »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:17 am
normalthings wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:29 pm
Looked like geotechnical 4-5 drills are on site. Seems rather rare to have that many and to be testing every pier.
Could it have something to do with proximity to RR Tracks? I’d imagine the structural support would have more stringent requirements when Hundreds of thousands of tons of freight roll by every day.
That would be logical since it's a former creek bed and former rail yard

The soil composition could change by the foot depending on when/where the creek laid down soil, where there was later excavation and what was used for fill.

mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 am

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by mgh7676 »

I wonder if they are taking any of the flooding that occurs in this area into account. This street flash floods horribly in big rains.

User avatar
normalthings
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4290
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by normalthings »

mgh7676 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:34 pm
I wonder if they are taking any of the flooding that occurs in this area into account. This street flash floods horribly in big rains.
Project will have to provide storage tanks for rainfall. Hopefully that helps to alleviate flooding in the area. Getting the Freight House lots developed might also go a good way in achieving that goal.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Ambassador
Posts: 18508
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by DaveKCMO »

Upstream is where more stormwater mitigation needs to occur. It's all one big impervious slope to this spot from the loop.

User avatar
normalthings
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4290
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by normalthings »

Milhaus will unveil the project at the Crossroads Neighborhood meeting at noon.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Ambassador
Posts: 18508
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by DaveKCMO »

normalthings wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:37 am
Milhaus will unveil the project at the Crossroads Neighborhood meeting at noon.
Thank you all for joining us today! Big crowd!

User avatar
KCPowercat
Ambassador
Posts: 30605
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by KCPowercat »

I had this location completely wrong. I thought this was the project behind the new hotel east of Main

Thanks for the tweet Dave, did the plan have the bike/walk path integrated?

Chris Stritzel
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by Chris Stritzel »

DaveKCMO wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:06 pm
normalthings wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:37 am
Milhaus will unveil the project at the Crossroads Neighborhood meeting at noon.
Thank you all for joining us today! Big crowd!
Screenshots from today's meeting for those who didn't attend. Colored renderings will be available later on. I like that the 22nd Street side will have the garage hidden and include, what appears to be, walk up apartments. I apologize if my information is incorrect. Sound wasn't working for me, and captions didn't work until the end.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Ambassador
Posts: 18508
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by DaveKCMO »

For those asking about flooding, the entire project is about 2 feet above the ground so the garage or liveable areas don't flood. They don't plan on adding any stormwater retention above and beyond city requirements.

Also, the east elevation will have some more breathing room for those accessing the pedestrian bridge to Union Station.

User avatar
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:56 pm
Location: Crossroads

Re: Tracks 215 Project

Post by Critical_Mass »

Breathing room?

Post Reply