OFFICIAL - Reverb (1800 Walnut)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: OFFICIAL - Reverb (1800 Walnut)

Post by flyingember »

This feels like it's something that companies are throwing in as a default to be at parity with other projects.

If a pool or gym means filling 10% more units that could be what gets them over the edge on making money

As was said, it's the subsidy that matters and the public paying for a private pool doesn't make sense.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

http://www.metrowiremedia.com/news/reve ... crossroads
“So many downtown apartment buildings have everything you need inside them so why move downtown and then just stay in your building? We really wanted people to not have a gym and not have a pool and not have some of these amenities you typically see because we want people out on the streets, to be part of the neighborhood and connecting with other tenants up the street. That was very, very intentional,” Holland said.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:58 am http://www.metrowiremedia.com/news/reve ... crossroads
“So many downtown apartment buildings have everything you need inside them so why move downtown and then just stay in your building? We really wanted people to not have a gym and not have a pool and not have some of these amenities you typically see because we want people out on the streets, to be part of the neighborhood and connecting with other tenants up the street. That was very, very intentional,” Holland said.
But the price is on par with other places that have said amenities, that's the main issue in this entire argument isn't it?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Again, not everyone is obsessed with on-site amenities and I doubt that matters much with market-rate pricing of brand new units.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^And in long term it won't matter at all. Some will value being closer to streetcar stop than a building with more amenities further away.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:24 am Again, not everyone is obsessed with on-site amenities and I doubt that matters much with market-rate pricing of brand new units.
Where would you recommend signing up for a pool downtown Dave?
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

I agree that some folks could care less and many don't use the amenities that are offered. Question for you folks: what are your most preferred amenities?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

WoodDraw wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:09 pm
DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:24 am Again, not everyone is obsessed with on-site amenities and I doubt that matters much with market-rate pricing of brand new units.
Where would you recommend signing up for a pool downtown Dave?
The new Downtown YMCA is supposed to open this spring.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Not everyone, but most. Which is obvious by the fact this building is struggling to lease up asking for market rate rent while the apartments located in or closer to the PNL district have waiting lists. Could also be the fact that this building is in the less cool crossroads district. ;)

The idea people don’t care about onsite amenities is wrong. Even if they don’t use them frequently, they want the option. The developer saying they purposely didn’t include certain amenities because they want residents to get out and about is simply an excuse for them not spending the extra money. You know what people don’t want in their building, a public bar on a upper level where they’re always dealing with non-residents.

Residents who do have onsite amenities aren’t hermits either. They still get out and spend money.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

It’s not unreasonable to believe that amenities aren’t always needed and not having them can drive activity in the neighborhood, however it is clear at this price point that is not the case in Kansas City. There are plenty of properties without amenities in downtown but none that expensive.

It just seems like a failure on their part to understand the market, and I hope it doesn’t put them off developing more dense residential they seem to have done well with arterra
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

But also let us not ignore the absence of bedroom doors and, in some instances, bathroom doors. Like amenities, it may not be the end all be all, but I have to think it limits the market somewhat at the price point.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Sure, sure -- all good items to note in a competitive submarket. Room for all types. As I've said 100 times before, I'd pick Reverb over any other property in the Crossroads except maybe Arterra (which is not as central, so it remains #2). 132 units out of thousands.

Doors are for suckers!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Looks like LEAD Bank is going to add some linear RGB LED lights to their facade. Will make things look nice.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

normalthings wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:16 pm Looks like LEAD Bank is going to add some linear RGB LED lights to their facade. Will make things look nice.
oooooh
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Great photos!
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

I really do like the building despite the grievances I have posted on here previously. The photos make it look great. Although personally, they should've put some sort of covering on the exposed concrete.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Chris Stritzel wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:45 pm I really do like the building despite the grievances I have posted on here previously. The photos make it look great. Although personally, they should've put some sort of covering on the exposed concrete.
Agreed, I like it a lot, but the concrete looks unfinished...and not in a cool way.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

80 apartments are available out of 132. So about 40% of the building is leased at this point.

I also got an email today about specials...
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Sorry to see that.