OFFICIAL - The Gallerie (27th & Gillham)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: OFFICIAL - The Gallerie (27th & Gillham)

Post by Critical_Mass »

ULCajun wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:27 pm
KCPowercat wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:20 pm I really wanted to like the townhouses but they aren't setup great and the whole neighborhood feels isolated from the rest of downtown so I'm passing. Maybe the end ones would have been worth it.
Interesting, because we really liked the layout - i need an office so i'll be using the first floor bedroom for that. I agree with the isolation - I'm hoping that will change and going into this with somewhat of an investment mindset. Streetcar and better integration with crown center/more new development should make these pretty prime real estate in the future.
Hello future neighbor! We've been in our townhome since December. PM me if you have any questions. The area is pretty walkable as-is. Several restaurants and bars in Longfellow and 31st, Filling Station is a neighborhood institution, liberty memorial and Union cemetery for green space, and crown center is right there. Hopefully the retail space across the street fills in. The streetcar will be transformative, but in the meantime the 85 route runs down our street and got me to work downtown super fast (pre-covid). Looking forward to meeting you guys.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Interesting, because we really liked the layout - i need an office so i'll be using the first floor bedroom for that. I agree with the isolation - I'm hoping that will change and going into this with somewhat of an investment mindset. Streetcar and better integration with crown center/more new development should make these pretty prime real estate in the future.
Congrats on your purchase and I agree with this thought process. So much potential here. We put an offer in on an awesome townhouse in Union Hill about this time last year and I had similar thoughts on the future direction of the neighborhood, the streetcar, the quiet yet prime spot between downtown and plaza. Upshot is we ended up being outbid over asking price and buying in a completely different area, but I'm bullish on the neighborhood for sure.
kenrbnj
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by kenrbnj »

I think you'll be very happy with your purchase.

I lived on Union Hill (204 E. 30th) from 1996-2000. The location was perfect; the perfect compromise of quiet and access to all of the downtown. With your rail service, you will have unfettered boozy access to anything you could dream up.

The only reason I left the area was a professional relo. ..And I do regret selling that property.
ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site

Post by ULCajun »

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm sure we will enjoy it. Will be a little bit of an adjustment period from a studio in TwoLight. Excited for the move.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Project from Liberty Memorial...

And on the street at night. The lights were out.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

I rode up McGee yesterday and noticed that there was only one townhome left for sale.
ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site

Post by ULCajun »

Eon Blue wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:15 pm I rode up McGee yesterday and noticed that there was only one townhome left for sale.
Had our final walkthrough this morning, all good to close in a couple weeks!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Exciting! Congrats
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

July 2020 Update: 104 of 361 units open. 71% occupied.

Pretty good progress in the 5th month since opening.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

normalthings wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:56 pm July 2020 Update: 104 of 361 units open. 71% occupied.

Pretty good progress in the 5th month since opening.
Pretty strong to me. Add a few more of these in that part of the City and you'll have a health population.

Edit: That parking lot in front of the project in the view from Liberty Memorial is a good candidate for something of a similar size.
ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site

Post by ULCajun »

Also looks like all the condos are under contract. The last two went in the last month.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Last Monday...
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

207 open of 418. 49.5% vacant
Last edited by normalthings on Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site

Post by ULCajun »

In less than 2 months they doubled their vacancy? Was it the 1 year anniversary of opening or something? Thats not good news.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

I really want to see union hill focus on retail and maybe a little bodega, as it is the neighborhood feels a bit disjointed.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

ULCajun wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 am In less than 2 months they doubled their vacancy? Was it the 1 year anniversary of opening or something? Thats not good news.
I'm not sure what these numbers include, but isn't it possible that new apartments were added, maybe the the last phase - Icon at Gallerie - which looks like it is wrapping up
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:50 am
ULCajun wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 am In less than 2 months they doubled their vacancy? Was it the 1 year anniversary of opening or something? Thats not good news.
I'm not sure what these numbers include, but isn't it possible that new apartments were added, maybe the the last phase - Icon at Gallerie - which looks like it is wrapping up
47 open are at Icon.

The total unit count stat that I used before was off. There are 418 units across both buildings. 49.5% vacant.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Drone photos...
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I wish Hallmark would sell that green strip of land along Gillham south of the church, and allow an apartment building to be constructed there.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

While I like this project overall, the drone pictures reveal how sterile it is. I can barely tell if its a real picture or a rendering.