OFFICIAL - Oggi Lofts (600 Central)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

OFFICIAL - Oggi Lofts (600 Central)

Post by KCDowntown »

On the LCRA docket is a request for incentives for renovating the former Oggi Furniture building at 600 central into 25 apartments - 1 studio, 21 one-bedrooms and 3 two-bedroom units.

KCDowntown
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: OFFICIAL - Oggi Lofts (600 Central)

Post by FangKC »

Historic Garment District building will be dressed up with new lofts
Another historic downtown building is slated for residential conversion.

On Wednesday, the Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority board is scheduled to consider a request for a 10-year, 100 percent property tax abatement to support the conversion of the Oggi Furniture Building at 600 Central St. into 25 loft-style apartments.
http://tinyurl.com/hyxvuxs
HalcyonKC
New York Life
New York Life

Post by HalcyonKC »

Anyone heard any updates on this project? I live near this building and haven't seen significant progress, just a construction dumpster. A couple weeks ago, I noticed many of the building windows were left open overnight during a large rainstorm--although they then wisely closed them in advance of the July 27 storm. I'm wondering if work has actually stalled out for some reason, or if progress just seems slow since I can see it pretty much daily.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

noticed the same. if i had to guess, they don't have their tax credits (the article says they would seek them) or financing yet.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

progress.
MBE / WBE INVITATION TO BID

Homoly Construction is requesting MBE/WBE subcontractor and supplier bids for the OGGI Lofts Renovation Project at 600 Central in Kansas City,
Missouri. Prevailing wage not applicable. Bids are due in our office at noon on April 20, 2017. Goals for minority and women business enterprises are 15% and 8%, respectively. Scopes of work include demo, concrete, masonry, steel, rough and finish carpentry, roofing, insulation, windows, casework, flooring, sound attenuation, paint, appliances, conveyance, fire suppression, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and security.

A walk-through for bidders of the project is scheduled for April 4, 2017 at 10:00a.m., 600 Central in Kansas City, MO.

HalcyonKC
New York Life
New York Life

Post by HalcyonKC »

Construction workers have been busy as beavers on this building for several weeks now. Some of the old ghost windows and doors facing the south alley have been opened up--and the liberated bricks were promptly moved a few feet and re-used to close up other alley windows. Presumably it's to accommodate a shift in interior floorplan. It's been an interesting process to watch.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

HalcyonKC wrote:Construction workers have been busy as beavers on this building for several weeks now. Some of the old ghost windows and doors facing the south alley have been opened up--and the liberated bricks were promptly moved a few feet and re-used to close up other alley windows. Presumably it's to accommodate a shift in interior floorplan. It's been an interesting process to watch.
good to hear! i was just stalking this project over the weekend and it was hard to see progress with no workers on site.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

DaveKCMO wrote:
HalcyonKC wrote:Construction workers have been busy as beavers on this building for several weeks now. Some of the old ghost windows and doors facing the south alley have been opened up--and the liberated bricks were promptly moved a few feet and re-used to close up other alley windows. Presumably it's to accommodate a shift in interior floorplan. It's been an interesting process to watch.
good to hear! i was just stalking this project over the weekend and it was hard to see progress with no workers on site.
Can confirm. A lot of activity going on, as my office window looks right at the building I have seen a lot pick up over the past few weeks.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

a friend posted a picture on facebook that shows them cutting a hole in the roof for an elevator.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Oggi Lofts Expects to Open in Garment District This Summer
A former building at 600 Central St. previously known for housing a modern furniture store is in the middle of $5.7 million conversion into 25 apartments.

The four-story Oggi Lofts project is expected to be completed by August and will include two studios, 20 one-bedroom and three, two-bedroom apartments. It’s named after the last occupant, Oggi Modern Furnishings, which closed in 2007.

https://cityscenekc.com/oggi-lofts-expe ... is-summer/

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

These look nice. Website shows only 2, one-bedroom units left. 23 leased is great in my opinion.