OFFICIAL - Crossroads Hotel (2107 Central)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: OFFICIAL - Crossroads Hotel (2107 Central)

Post by DaveKCMO »

Rooftop bar opening "soon"...

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Really could have used it this weekend
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

This is one of the neatest hotels I have seen anywhere. I hope to get a chance to stay there in the future.
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

More photos of Percheron rooftop bar at the Crossroads Hotel. Opens May 5, 2019.

FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

New rooftop bar opens at Crossroads Hotel
Just in time for summer, a new rooftop bar with beautiful views of Downtown Kansas City has opened on top of the Crossroads Hotel.
Earlier this month, the hotel added to its options by opening up Percheron, a new rooftop space with sweeping 360-degree views of Kansas City.
https://www.kmbc.com/article/new-roofto ... n/27470133
grecobs
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by grecobs »

This is a fabulous addition. KC is underserved by rooftop bars and this place will be a huge success. Love this property.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Lazia brunch started today.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Did dinner at Lazia bar Saturday night (FYI if you are wanting to do this - the bar is tiny). Was my first time to Crossroads Hotel and was very impressed with the space. Both the lobby bar/pizza oven (XR) and Lazia were quite busy.

Food was surprisingly good; I had heard mixed reviews. Started with a negroni. Had the hamachi crudo, amatriciana (pappardelle with italian sausage), whole roasted branzino, and roasted brussels sprouts. With the exception of the crudo (paired with chicherones, and only okay), all very good. The presentation of the branzino was fantastic, as was the crispy skin. Perfectly cooked pasta, a generous portion of brussels sprouts.

Overall, an excellent experience between the food and atmosphere. Will make it a point to try out XR at some point as well, and someday the rooftop if/when crowds die down. Definitely a top notch addition to downtown. While 21C is in a very different location, I wish it had some of the destination status this place seems to have developed very quickly. The rooftop bar and multiple price points/styles of food seem to be big hits...
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

IMO 21c really botched the rollout of the food and beverage. The dining room is now a gallery space and they've done nothing to juice up the Savoy space other than adding tables and removing the sofas (it's still very hushed and dark).
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

It's sad to hear that seeing that the Savoy Grill was what sustained that hotel for decades. The building likely only survived because the restaurant was there.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Of course this is subjective, but I feel strongly that the Savoy is one of the best restaurants in KC. And I did not like the dining room, there is no way I would have ever chosen to eat there. I love the bar area, which is now the only option. Fantastic, thoughtful renovation and a comfortable place to eat and/or have a drink.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

hartliss wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 pm Bummer news: https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... s_headline
This one hits hard. Such an amazing property.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

Any news on a projected opening again?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Per Collison, reopening next week, including Percheron.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Couldn't find KC hotel occupancy numbers but nationwide is at about 36% according to below. Need 70% to get back to normal and most hotels need about 60% give or take to be profitable. A CBRE study shows that the higher end the hotel, the lower the occupancy. The economy hotels are having least issues though still down a great deal. Would guess that downtown hotels have well below 36% occupancy recently based on current national avg and downtown occupancy was below US avg before COVID. Could be below 20% now. Downtown Chicago is below 17% with most recent check.

https://therealdeal.com/chicago/2020/06 ... akes-toll/
Nationwide, hotel occupancy stood at 36.6 percent, up a percentage point from the week before, STR reported. Occupancy rates were below 30 percent for all of April. RevPar was also up in the latest figures, to $30.34.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Opening this weekend. Reservations only for Percheron.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBMiqQrptPW/
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

We stayed here during our weekend staycation. This by far the best hotel for those looking for something interesting, boutique, and really good service. These rooms are dark and clubby and the "atrium" side is very quiet -- hard to come by in the Crossroads these days. Unfortunately, no room service because COVID but we were able to buy a bottle of wine from the front desk and a carry out pizza from XR. The art in the rooms is just amazing.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

21c wins an online poll, but Crossroads Hotel gets a legit nod (#9 best in the US!) from Travel & Leisure...

https://www.travelandleisure.com/worlds ... tels-in-us

Also of note: Lazia has not reopened, but Percheron recently revamped their food and drink menu. XR doing a brisk business in the lobby and the rotating art exhibit it always a must see.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

^This is pretty high praise. The Chatwal, Peninsula, and the Lowell all are top-notch hotels. Also noteworthy -- the new Ritz in Montreal wins best in Canada. Checking it out in a few weeks when the frontier re-opens.

I've only stayed at the Crossroads once (thank you Dave for arranging it :-) But it is really a knockout property. I also have enjoyed the newish Hyatt Hotel Kansas City around the corner from my office at 12/ Main (when are we ever going back ???). Had drinks there at "Town" a few weeks ago, and the bartender said business was good. Took the elevator up to 27 in my building (1KCP) to say hello to my dusty desk. Sad.

Since my family has a house at 63/ State Line, I rarely stay in KC hotels, but I have been doing a smattering of staycations to keep my status for next year when (hoping) business travel returns.