Arena Proposal Prediction

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.

What will the result be on a balloted Arena proposal?

Poll runs till Mon Jan 25, 2038 1:54 pm

More than 60% for
No votes
Between 50% and 60% for
17%
A squeaker
33%
Between 50% and 60% against
17%
More than 60% against
33%

Total votes: 12

bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

This isn't asking what you think should happen. This is asking for a realistic guess on the result of a vote on an Arena proposal.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I put it at a squeaker....that's based on this vote would be to raise sales tax a certain percent (1/4 cent??)

If it's a bond proposal, I think it's more like 60% which would be close again because those need 57%
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

Maybe our elected officials should get some quotes from Big 12 officials. Something to the fact of OKC, Dallas, San Antonio's chances are much greater to be in the rotation of the tourney if KC doesn't build a new arena. Yes I realize it's extortion but it's worth a shot. Make the arena part of a newly expanded Bartle Hall and then put the bond proposal towards voters. You people do realize that if a new arena was somehow approved through bonds that the city's bond rating would be on the brink of being downgraded. I know Omaha is already having this problem in the near future.
Calling a spade a spade.
ShowME
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by ShowME »

"The problem, Timm said, is that the city has incurred considerable debt in recent years from building the Omaha Convention Center and Arena and other riverfront projects. That makes it hard for Omaha to absorb the debts of subdivisions on the city's borders."

"Timm said the city has added about $425 million in debt since 1999, for a total of $746 million. Principal and interest payments on that debt will top $62 million this year and will continue to rise over the next decade.

One result has been a sharp decline in the city's bond-fund reserves. Omaha had nearly $40 million in the bank just three years ago. Now it has less than half as much, and the reserves are expected to drop to $5 million in 2006.

Mayor Mike Fahey is concerned about the city's AAA bond rating if the reserve fund descends considerably. "

Sound familiar????

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u ... sid=971738
Calling a spade a spade.