OFFICIAL - ARTerra (21st and Wyandotte)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: 21st and Wyandotte

Post by DaveKCMO »

moderne wrote:Brick would seem harmonious with the district yet the architecture would be different from the old industrial rsidential conversions. I was amazed that the valley between the KCPA and Liberty MEmorial is 130 foot. But wouldn-t the view shed from Kauffman to Union Station be obscured?
that view is not protected and is already obscured by dozens of surrounding buildings.
The height recommendations are intended to balance increased height and density with protecting key views, (particularly of the Liberty Memorial and the Performing Arts Center), and neighborhood character, as well as approach and departure corridors for the Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport. New development should conform to these recommendations and provide appropriate transitions when adjacent to areas of lower height and intensity. These recommendations should be used in conjunction with the Land Use Plan and Development Guidelines.
the southern edge of the arterra project is only two stories, which provides a transition to the low-rise buildings on that edge of the district. meanwhile, two 10-story buildings flank the east and west edges.

it shouldn't surprise you that the valley is that deep. both kauffman and the memorial are on hilltops and the space in between is a natural watershed that leads to OK creek. it's why that spot always floods during major rain events but the rest of the crossroads is fine.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

moderne wrote:Brick would seem harmonious with the district yet the architecture would be different from the old industrial rsidential conversions. I was amazed that the valley between the KCPA and Liberty MEmorial is 130 foot. But wouldn-t the view shed from Kauffman to Union Station be obscured?
if it wasn't this project, my rough guess is that a 5 story structure a few blocks up would obscure union station. the station is at the low spot in the old creek bed after all.
WinchesterMysteryHouse
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by WinchesterMysteryHouse »

I can't wait to never afford renting in this place. Cool building!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

WinchesterMysteryHouse wrote:I can't wait to never afford renting in this place. Cool building!
maybe you can afford one of the studios at $1.95/sqft?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

that's three times my mortgage...
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

I surprising KC is getting to $2/sqft already but that is about what is needed to draw hirise development and outside developers.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

Ugh
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

earthling wrote:I surprising KC is getting to $2/sqft already but that is about what is needed to draw hirise development and outside developers.
Not half as surprising as the kvetching about the affordability. This is not a version of KC that I recognize.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

Affordable to who?
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

As rents go higher newer spaces will become smaller.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

CPC approved the rezoning request on tuesday morning.
Zorobabel
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Zorobabel »

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 96800.html
Copaken Brooks and EPC Real Estate Group said today that they expect to begin construction this fall on the first-ever high-rise built-from-scratch apartment building in the Crossroads District.

A 12-story, 125-unit tower, named ARTerra, is planned for 21st and Wyandotte streets.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... rylink=cpy
That's a beautiful building, by the way.
joshmv
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by joshmv »

I really love the freight house area. Filling in that big empty lot will be great to see.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

this was the last month for food trucks on first friday. construction starts this fall.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

A couple of permits [1, 2] related to the platting of this block have come through recently. Doesn't mean visible work is imminent, just that the plan is still progressing normally,

KCDowntown
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The lot is full of large spools and nothing else. (Tables)

No visible work yet.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

from the 11/17 CPC agenda:
4 OA 17. SD 1524 - Arterra Crossroads Preliminary Plat - To consider approval of a preliminary plat in District UR (Urban Redevelopment) on approximately 0.5 acres generally located south of 21st St between Fort Scott St and Wyandotte St, creating 1 residential lot.
Applicant: Copaken Brooks, repr Taliaferro & Browne, Inc., Ricky E. Gard

4 OA 18. SD-1524-A - Arterra Crossroads Final Plat - To consider approval of a final plat in District UR (Urban Redevelopment) on approximately 0.5 acres generally located south of 21st St between Fort Scott St and Wyandotte St, creating 1 residential lot.
Applicant: Copaken Brooks, repr Taliaferro & Browne, Inc., Ricky E. Gard
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: ARTerra - 21st and Wyandotte

Post by normalthings »

Arterra Renderings. Not sure if these have been posted before.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: ARTerra - 21st and Wyandotte

Post by DaveKCMO »

harbinger911 wrote:can someone change the title of this thread to include the name - ARTerra
done (sorta). since we updated the forum i can't find a way to globally change the thread titles, so i've edited just a few. hopefully that works.