1201 Walnut

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: 1201 Walnut

Post by herrfrank »

Didn't see this mentioned elsewhere.... 1201 Walnut remains closed for Day 2 after the burst sprinkler pipes in the lobby flooded the basement, shorting the electrical service to the building:

http://bit.ly/1cBujD1
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

Looking at it from 1KC Place, there are zero lights on in 1201 Walnut. I don't even see any emergency battery-powered exit lamps, although I'm not sure I could see those through its dark glass curtainwall.
KCtonic
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCtonic »

The guesstimate is it will not re-open for regular business until next week. 6 feet of water in the basement/sub-basement, all electrical boards ruined along with most of the AT&T equipment. A couple of the elevators began working again yesterday, but only essential personnel were allowed inside.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

DSI provides software solutions that enable end-to-end visibility, optimization and execution across the extended supply chain. We equip the new breed of supply chain; the digital supply chain; to be more connected, intelligent, scalable and rapid.
Those are all words that I understand, but put in this context I can not for the life of me figure out what the hell this business actually does, beyond apparently writing some kind of software that maybe tracks packages? Or something? I absolutely hate buzzword speak.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

mean wrote:
DSI provides software solutions that enable end-to-end visibility, optimization and execution across the extended supply chain. We equip the new breed of supply chain; the digital supply chain; to be more connected, intelligent, scalable and rapid.
Those are all words that I understand, but put in this context I can not for the life of me figure out what the hell this business actually does, beyond apparently writing some kind of software that maybe tracks packages? Or something? I absolutely hate buzzword speak.
it looks like they specialize in implementing and integrating mobile-related technology so a company doesn't need to make an effort to be able to manage their supply chain and related processes from a mobile platform.

they do at least this-
one part they're a system integrator of products they develop rather than being a MSP that integrates third party products
another part they're a service provider of a cloud service
a third part part they offer a framework for mobile development focused on a particular industry horizontal

I have a business degree and I'm a system admin day to day. Their website is a little too MBA which is why it's so painful to read.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Oh, ok. So they use mobile software technology and cloud infrastructure to facilitate synergy and promote hyperconvergence between vendors and buyers using a service-oriented architecture?

*shoots self in the face*
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

It's divulged on a 'need to know' basis.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Copaken Brooks sold 1201 Walnut to Square Deal Capital in 2019 per a recent Colliers report. CB and Square Deal also purchased the Board of Education parcel together in 2019.

Price: $54 million
Price per SQFT: $112.29
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

normalthings wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:20 pm Copaken Brooks sold 1201 Walnut to Square Deal Capital in 2019 per a recent Colliers report. CB and Square Deal also purchased the Board of Education parcel together in 2019.

Price: $54 million
Price per SQFT: $112.29
Seems a bit cheap.