OFFICIAL - Holiday Inn Express (Interstate Building)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: OFFICIAL - Holiday Inn Express (Interstate Building)

Post by DaveKCMO »

I wonder if the system was actually replaced during the conversion from office?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

DaveKCMO wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:10 pm I was sure this project was older than four years, but going back through emails Matt Abbott -- the original developer -- made his first request to two-way Locust for the project in 2014. Seems like an eternity!
It's always good to have a feel for how long projects can take. 7 years is far from a long project

The Power and Light District started construction in 2005. The last building in the district might not be finished until 2025 at the current pace. From early Stan Durwood concepts to construction completion is far longer than 20 years.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

flyingember wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:39 am
DaveKCMO wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:10 pm I was sure this project was older than four years, but going back through emails Matt Abbott -- the original developer -- made his first request to two-way Locust for the project in 2014. Seems like an eternity!

It's always good to have a feel for how long projects can take. 7 years is far from a long project

The Power and Light District started construction in 2005. The last building in the district might not be finished until 2025 at the current pace. From early Stan Durwood concepts to construction completion is far longer than 20 years.
Making us feel old!
Can’t believe it’s been that long