3 New River Market Condo Conversions

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 3 New River Market Condo Conversions

Post by staubio »

I know that Richards and Conover is one of them.  I assume these are KC Loftspace buildings?
Long
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Long »

skim82 wrote: I understand your guy's points, but I think more people from the suburbs, (young professionals) are more likely to buy somewhere that has covered parking... this may have no effect on people already living DT, but whether people like it or not, many suburbanites are buying up these lofts.
This is true.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Hey, Expat.......
Hot scoop.  If you want the info on the three RiverMarket conversions, contact Christina Boveri/Boveri Realty Group at 333.4545.  She just took the job of marketing these Delaware properties.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

staubio wrote: I know that Richards and Conover is one of them.  I assume these are KC Loftspace buildings?
RichCon is not one of the buildings being converted.  As mentioned, the three buildings are all on Delaware.  Pictures of the three can be found on kc-lofts.com.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

KCLofts wrote: RichCon is not one of the buildings being converted.  As mentioned, the three buildings are all on Delaware.  Pictures of the three can be found on kc-lofts.com.

Alrighty then.  Well, I heard from a Richards-Conover resident that it was going as well.
Kcfireman
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Kcfireman »

Sportster wrote: I hear real estate agents talk alot about how good the condo market is overall in the urban core. I'm wondering really, how good it is, given the current single family housing market in Kansas City. There's been quite a bit of discussion in these forums about a glut of condos. My Editor went on the tour last weekend and we both joked about some 900 sq. ft. unit poppin out at something like $179,000 or some such thing.  :shock: :shock:

So my initial questions is how will this affect the market with this many units going to condo? Will new rental units come on line to replace the oned being sold? Wherre's the market going here in town - realistically and then geographically.

I'd be interested in the layman's point of view as well as you real estate moguls spin on this.

Sportster
...all this and no grocery store either!
900 sq ft. for $179K.  Thats not too bad when you look at Wallstreet Tower...The View..etc.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Four RM apartment buildings to go condo

Post by WoodDraw »

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 422460.htm
Several historic buildings along Delaware Street in the heart of the River Market have been purchased for $12 million with plans to convert them from apartments to condominiums.

Alan Waterman, the former project manager for the Metropolitan condo project, 600 E. Eighth St., has been joined by two other investors in the deal involving 309 Delaware, 509 Delaware, 510 Delaware and 412 Delaware. All four date to the 1880s and were renovated as apartments in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
Thoughts?  Seems that there has been a growing trend towards condo, which could open a market for more apartments.
scooterj
Ambassador

Re: Four RM apartment buildings to go condo

Post by scooterj »

I thought this happened a few months ago?   Or is this a different set of buildings?

[Edit:  I found the original thread:  http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/newforum/i ... ic=10247.0 ]
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

I hope Delaware at some point becomes lined with the kind of ground-floor retail that it's design so desperately calls for.  I want to see that street become the vibrant little main street of the river market area, but with the current office-heavy tenant mix it sure ain't gettin' that done.
are we spinning free?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I think this is a good sign.  Individual condo owners have more at stake than renters and apartment management companies. They have a long-term investment in the area, which can only be a positive thing.
There is no fifth destination.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

Oh, how happy I would be if there were restaurants and retail lining Delaware. A boy can dream.

(Subtract from that happiness the time spent trying to fall asleep against the noise of the drunks below)
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.