Why?

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
KCDevin

Why?

Post by KCDevin »

Why have we been allowing more and more negative posts recently? I never saw any negative posts in 2002, or even up till summer 2003... So why are we now allowing negative people to post negative things?

Another thing, why are we allowing so much political crap? I'm sick and tired of hearing about the freaking election and the war... People have no business talking about such issues on a site dedicated to Kansas City... We should leave the political talks to sites like SSC and SSP.

I wouldn't be so aggressive or upset if we didn't have negative/pessimistic people and if we didn't allow political talk...

Can anyone tell me why we are allowing such things on this forum? I mean, it's gone downhill ever since negative posts came up...
I remember a much much better time back in 2002 and early 2003 when everyone posted nothing but positive things and we had productive posts and never had any debates... We never had any locked threads and we never had the Dumpster or the Bar.

I really hope all of this political crap ends after election time... I just wished that KCP would delete the Dumpster and just lock and delete any bad threads... Starting with this one ;)
scooterj
Ambassador

Re: Why?

Post by scooterj »

KCDevin wrote:Another thing, why are we allowing so much political crap? I'm sick and tired of hearing about the freaking election and the war... People have no business talking about such issues on a site dedicated to Kansas City... We should leave the political talks to sites like SSC and SSP.
And how many of those threads have you participated in or even started? Your name is one of the most common ones found in The Dumpster. Practice what you preach.
KCDevin

Why?

Post by KCDevin »

I post because I'm insulted by their opinions... I want those threads and forum gone so I won't even have the temptation to go to them.
scooterj
Ambassador

Why?

Post by scooterj »

What is this, The Last Temptation of Devin?
KCDevin

Why?

Post by KCDevin »

what do you think has made me so negative?
omenapt
Strip mall
Strip mall

Why?

Post by omenapt »

my experience has shown me most forums of all topis end up in the crapper.. Everyone "has to be right" and things you might not say to anyone in person are easily dismissed online.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Why?

Post by bahua »

Do you want KCPowercat to write a shell script that'll detect hostility, negativity, and politics in the database, and block all the people who have the nerve to post about such things?

I don't think there has been a whole of lot negativity, but so what if there is? Kansas City has problems. Negative problems. Why is it out of form to mention them?

The Bar was made specifically so people can talk about whatever they want, whether it's crappy TV, the coming election, the war, or Venezuelan pancake toppings.

If you consider arguments to be a bad thing, then you're not using your head. Arguments are how people's perceptions are shared, and it's the best way to spread knowledge among people.

My position is that there's nothing particularly wrong with how anyone's conducting themselves on this site, except in the Dumpster, but that's what we made the dumpster for.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Why?

Post by Highlander »

How can you have a forum about development without politics creeping in. Let's face it the two are inextricably mixed....whether company A gets a TIF, whether a Wal-Mart belongs in Mission, the Spring arena question. All development controversies will inevitably march in that direction and how you feel about it often depends on one's political bent. What I find remarkable...even healthy...is that the forumers on this board represent such a wide spectrum of polical beliefs. I mean, who would think that both a flaming liberal and a died-in-the-wool conservative would care so deeply that KC gets a new arena or who the next corporate location to KC is going to be, or whether or not HR Cafe will be the next restaurant downtown. Frankly, I find that amazing.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Why?

Post by KCLofts »

Devin, don't be such a fucking moron. You whine about all of the political or religious posts, but you have started over half of them yourself. 90% of your posts are worse or more hateful than all of the other so-called "pessimistic" posts (which in reality are usually just a more educated statement than yours).

I, for one, am sick of your bitching.

Seriously, leave this place. In the time I have been on the board, you have gone way downhill. You need a long break away from your computer.

My apologies to everyone else for continuing this thread.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Why?

Post by KCPowercat »

bahua.....creating script now but who's going to decide what needs to be put in and out? Who's opinion is "right", who is "negative"???? :)
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Why?

Post by nota »

KCDevin wrote:what do you think has made me so negative?
Are you saying that you have no self control? That you cannot keep yourself above things you don't like?
KCDevin

Why?

Post by KCDevin »

Also, I'd be alot better of a person online if people didn't treat my like a freaking 2 year old... And if people were more respectful to me... If people were more respectful to me, I would do the same to them...

KCLofts, why do you have to curse anyway? Does it make you feel better or do you think it takes cursing to get your point accross to me?

I would take a break from KCS, but I love it too much... I want to know what is going on every hour of the day...

I'm SICK and FREAKIN' tired of ALL the freaking insults I am getting... If I treat you badly, you DON'T have to do the same thing to me...

I would do MUCH better if there was a way I could put the Dumpster and Bar on ignore...

I swear, if I wasn't a Christian, if I didn't have such a high respect for life, and if I hadn't gotten help a year ago, I probably would'ave shot myself by now...
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Why?

Post by KCLofts »

KCDevin wrote:why? have you read the Qur'An? Also, how the f*ck do you know that they don't want help?! Just because a bunch of f*cked up terrorists?

They've never had a republic before... How the hell would they know what it is like?

You read too much s*it... Too much crap made up by democrat idiots and freaks like Michael Moore...
Oops, sorry. I guess I forgot the *. I didn't mean to offend your young, tender, innocent mind.

You're treated like a 2 year old because you act like a 2 year old. You treat people like crap, then get incensed when they treat you the same. Its the same arguement over and over.

You really need to grow up, or perhaps mature is a better word. If, as you say, your computer is whole life, you're going to have some (more) serious issues.

If you want to talk about KC development, then do it. But I don't think you've made any positive development-related contributions to the board in a long time. You have such strong opinions and are so stubborn, I cannot for one second believe that you don't have the self-control to stay away from off-topic discussions.

Really, talk to your parents or your priest or school counselor or someone. You've got big problems.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Why?

Post by QueSi2Opie »

I love you, Devin...and if you weren't such a big homophobe, I'd give you a hug! :lol:

You'd be surprised that one of the members on this forum I like most is StLDan.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Why?

Post by KCPowercat »

QueSi2Opie wrote:You'd be surprised that one of the members on this forum I like most is StLDan.
I'll remember that :D
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Why?

Post by StL_Dan »

I like people that lay their opinions and beliefs right there for everyone to analyze and discuss. Yea, we get awfully fussy with each other....sometimes borderline offensive on a personal level (and for that I DO apologize)......but when it comes down to it, I know this is an internet forum where we can have fun, get pissy, and say some stuff we might want to take back. And in the end, it's good to have had the discussion. Opinions and beliefs may not have been changed (not that that is ever the real goal anyway), but we know a lot more about differing views and why those views are held.

This place is addictive.................and I like that way.

This place would suck w/o dudes like QueSi and chriz and akp and tk and others that aren't afraid to put their strong thoughts and ideas on the table for discussion.

More power to all of you.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze