Did you like the site better before politics dominated?

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

There are many sayings about discussing politics...so, what do people think about all the political/religious wrangling going on? It seems that most topics that peek any/most of the interest(besides posts about Bjork) in The Bar or Dumpster have either a political or religious fight that ensues.

My point is that before all this started we saw everyone on the board as simply development fans and now we can attach political or religious tags to everyone (i.e. Liberal, right wing, fundamentalist, neo-conservative) that help to reduce their identity on the board. I realize that everyone has a made a decision to join in on this crap(if he/she chooses to) but it seems like a little pointless. No one really seems to be open to the other side (me included) and nothing seems to get accomplished other than some snide remarks and replies. Unless the topics are related to art, music, films, or mediain The Bar...everything always seems to come back to some political war.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

yeah, i think a lot of the political head jamming is excessive at times. However an interesting part of that is that sometimes i might have just come to conversational fisticuffs with someone on a certain topic in the dumpster or the bar and then be pleasantly surprised to see that we agree on some other issue in one of the development threads (even if it is for different reasons). It's interesting to see the wide spectrum of political views and how these are or aren't immediately reflected in people's reactions to development news. But yeah, discussing religion and politics (for better or for worse) seems like the easiest and quickest way to get people writing and fighting.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

Politics seems an unavoidable topic on any internet forum with more than a hundred members. And it is funny how on the 5 or so forums I participate in, everyone always has the same complaint about the number of political discussions and how they accomplish nothing. Then the site admins try stricter rules, forum rearrangement, and it goes on and on.

I like the way KCP has arranged the site so that political and religious discussions are pretty much confined to one area, so if you don't want to read it you don't have to. I think it's nice to have a forum for "chit chat" and more heated debates for when news is slow about KC development (which hasn't been recently for sure).
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

I loved the site before we got into politics. We should leave that to political forums and sites like SSP and SSC. I knew immediately when we started talking politics that everything was gonna go downhill, and guess what? It did.
Why waste creating a forum like the Dumpster or the Bar when you can remove them and just have KC topics? This site is about KC development, and slightly about the surrounding areas. But this site is NOT for politics.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

I'm pretty apolitical but I just don't participate in the threads that don't interest me.

Political threads will thin out after the election.

Many many things that affect development are also affected by politics.

Keep the Dumpster and the Bar.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

Do not fret, 90% of the political discussion will be finished in a couple of months following the election.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!