30-screen AMC megaplex in downtown KC

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
Chevonne

Post by Chevonne »

I can't post this in it's rightful place so I posted it here.

Throughout its history, AMC has been changing the way the world sees movies. Soon, the company will change the way Kansas City sees its skyline. AMC plans to build an entertainment district in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, which will transform a decaying 12-block area into one of the Midwest’s most exciting attractions. The $454 million project, to be known as the Power & Light District, will include a 30-screen AMC megaplex, restaurants, live concert and theater venues, retail shops, and new office buildings and hotels.
Picture

AMC Grapevine Mills 30
Dallas, Texas

As one of Kansas City’s biggest success stories and most generous corporate citizens, AMC has earned the admiration of its hometown. And as one of the world’s most successful and innovative exhibition companies, it has earned the respect of the entertainment industry worldwide.

http://www.kctrade.com/KC_Commerce/body_6b11_amc.htm

This is gonna be cool!
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

What is this, like ten years old? AMC is not building a theater Downtown although I with they would.

That was the (now dead) original Power & Light District led by (now passed away) AMC founder Stan Durwood.

An even better project has taken it's place, but I still think an AMC complex would be a good fit for Downtown.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

I think I just traveled back in time about ten years. ;)