Yahoo/Google searches

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Yahoo/Google searches

Post by trailerkid »

The way I came to this site back in the day was through a Yahoo or Google search. If someone searches for "Kansas City development" this site comes up as #2...awesome way to find the site.

But I was wondering... Because we have people here with quite a bit of insight into metro projects and whatnot, is there any way to use forum topics and the project updates database to route people to the web site. I am not sure how searching at Google or Yahoo works, but it would be awesome if someone looking for info or opinions on specific KC projects(Zona Rosa, KC Live!, River Market East) would be able to find the database or board through a simple Yahoo search of these developments. I know that I have searched for things in the past and often was linked to some fool blabbing about it on a messege board.
richNcincy
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Yahoo/Google searches

Post by richNcincy »

Yes, this is possible. The owner of this board would have to get the code from www.phpbb.com and then install it. It is very beneficial to the entire site.

<-------- I forgot about signing up for this forum back in the day :D
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Yahoo/Google searches

Post by trailerkid »

Yeah...KC(P), you know I think this is an awesome idea. Almost every development project in TX can be found on a Dallas-FW message board using Google or Yahoo.

Might be a bit of work, but it'll no doubt bring in tons of lurking and possible future members-- not there's anything wrong with the crowd we got now-- just nice to expose people to what is REALLY going on in KC. The site and board are pretty much an educational resource for people who want in-depth information and discussion on KC.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Yahoo/Google searches

Post by KCPowercat »

rich...which addin/mod is needed to get google to index the forum?

Part of the problem with how I designed the site, especially the project lists, is I made it with mysql. Now this is awesome for coding, but completely sucks for getting indexed by any search engine because they do not recgonize the code that creates the pages.....and since 95% of this site is done with DB's, it's not indexed well. I'm looking to fix that problem.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
richNcincy
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Yahoo/Google searches

Post by richNcincy »