can anyone remember

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

can anyone remember what I was like when I first joined this forum? I'd like to know. Especially before my hate of Kansas & St. Louis began... Can anyone remember? If so, tell me...
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

can anyone remember

Post by trailerkid »

I think you can view all your posts from the beginning of your membership so you can relive the birth of your Kansas and StL hatred. :D
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

can anyone remember

Post by nota »

You know Devin, hate is a powerful word. Hate consumes the hater.

A shrink will tell you that all hate comes from hurt or fear.

Why on earth would you "hate" St. Louis or Kansas?

Think about it.
KCforumer

can anyone remember

Post by KCforumer »

And isn't it very unchristian to hate things for no real reason?
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

can anyone remember

Post by KCN »

I didn't know you hated Kansas as much as you do STL.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

can anyone remember

Post by bahua »

I think Devin might be just reaching for a word, because I seriously don't think he hates STL or Kansas. Hate is too powerful a word for it.

Taxes, though. I hate taxes.
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

I don't want to "dislike" STL (or KS either) but it makes me mad whenever someone says they are bigger or better than us, it just isn't true.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

can anyone remember

Post by bahua »

Whether it's true or not, it's wrong for you to say either way. Whether the state of Kansas or the City of St. Louis are better than Kansas City, or vice versa, is a matter of opinion, not fact.
KCforumer

can anyone remember

Post by KCforumer »

St. Louis is a bigger, more historic city than Kansas City, that has more to offer in all aspects. I think that is a fact, not an opinion. I love Kansas City. I have lived here all of my life. But I still realize and understand the differences between us and our cross-state brother.
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

but you know what? you can't say STL always will be, because that is going to change really fast and THATS a fact.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

can anyone remember

Post by SonicBoi »

KCDevin wrote:but you know what? you can't say STL always will be, because that is going to change really fast and THATS a fact.
U never know. They could turn it arround.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

but regardless, we will be larger no matter what, I hate to say it but I don't believe they will have anyone in my time that will be as great as most of us on this forum running their city. We ARE going to be in the top 5 midwest cities and STL won't be one of them.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

can anyone remember

Post by KCN »

Hey Devin, when you turn 16 I think you should take a day trip out to STL and explore it yourself. It seems strange for someone to have such a strong opinion of a city he's never been to.
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

i've seen enough pictures...
we may go through STL when we go to Chicago this summer. (i will have to drive some of course)
Also, so far people I've talked to about STL like my mom and brother have said they didn't like it, they actually told me they thought it was dirty, etc...
So they haven't helped much either ;)
Here is the measure of it:
I dislike Kansas and STL as much as I dislike Russia and France. I'm sick of hearing "Russia will rise again" and old Cold War crap like that, ya know?
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

can anyone remember

Post by KCN »

When you go through STL to get to Chicago you'll be taking I-270 to I-55 and you won't even see the arch. Unless you go way out of the way to see downtown. Even so, driving through STL leaves a terrible impression that no one should ever base an opinion on. Most people who drive I-70 through KC think it's ugly as hell.
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

but my relatives who said they don't like it have had to stay there for at least one night.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

can anyone remember

Post by KCN »

Everyone has their opinions. Dont form yours off of what other people have said though.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

can anyone remember

Post by staubio »

KCDevin wrote: I dislike Kansas and STL as much as I dislike Russia and France. I'm sick of hearing "Russia will rise again" and old Cold War crap like that, ya know?
Isn't that kinda like saying "Kansas City will rise again"?

Shame on us! What a bunch of crap.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

can anyone remember

Post by QueSi2Opie »

KCforumer wrote:St. Louis is a bigger, more historic city than Kansas City, that has more to offer in all aspects.
I definitely don't think St. Louis has been more significant in American history than KC. The arch was proposed for KC originally, but we turned it down. KC is the true gateway! Boston is as significant to the history of the United States as Kansas City is to the American frontier. Yes, St. Louis is "older", but there's no metro with more history than that of Boston or Kansas City.

Also, Devin, I happen to like the Russians and the French.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

no, because we are actually "rising again" it's happening right now. and you know that ;)
Russia however, won't ever match the USA again like it did. I had an arguement at SSC a few months ago about which country has better military technology. One guy posted a jet which can move it's exhaust thing, however the USA already has one, the Harrier.
Also, I asked if the USA & Russia were to go to war which would win, (most agreed) someone said the USA would win, but both countries would be ruined. (without foreign involvement) But anyhow, back on topic...