can anyone remember

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
Anonymous

can anyone remember

Post by Anonymous »

nota wrote: but if you can't get along with others and learn to mange conflict at 15, how do you expect to do it when you are 30???
C'mon now, Devin could be like most junior high kids...hangin' around wanna-be gangs, doin' drugs, havin' unprotected sex, stealin' and vandalizing shit, etc. Let him vent his teenage anger on this forum in peace. I'd much rather have a kid doin' this than committing a crime and ruining his life or someone elses. Devin's been booted off the other skyscraper forums...so now he has to express all the "building heights" and "my city is better than yours" on this one. Jus' wish he could find more 15-year-olds on this forum to pass his time and argue with.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

can anyone remember

Post by nota »

Anonymous wrote:
nota wrote: but if you can't get along with others and learn to mange conflict at 15, how do you expect to do it when you are 30???
C'mon now, Devin could be like most junior high kids...hangin' around wanna-be gangs, doin' drugs, havin' unprotected sex, stealin' and vandalizing shit, etc. Let him vent his teenage anger on this forum in peace. I'd much rather have a kid doin' this than committing a crime and ruining his life or someone elses. Devin's been booted off the other skyscraper forums...so now he has to express all the "building heights" and "my city is better than yours" on this one. Jus' wish he could find more 15-year-olds on this forum to pass his time and argue with.
Don't get me wrong, I just want Devin to understand what the real world is like. He's a good kid, I think. But if he gets kicked out of forums, etc, at the age of 15, what will happen to this behavior when he is 30.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

can anyone remember

Post by tat2kc »

yes, HTNB may have done a lot of work for the city. But, as a percentage of their total work, that is not a lot. And not a lot of their folks work on these hometown projects. HTNB is huge operation. There is no guarantee that you'd get a chance to work on KC projects. As my partner has told me, you work on the project that you are assigned to. You don't get to pick and choose.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

and what if you work your way near the top? I'm not going to be some small architect in Kansas City. I'm going to try as hard as I can and work hard to become one of the best our city has ever seen. And thats not just some kid's dream, it CAN become reality.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

can anyone remember

Post by KCK »

KCDevin wrote:and what if you work your way near the top? I'm not going to be some small architect in Kansas City. I'm going to try as hard as I can and work hard to become one of the best our city has ever seen. And thats not just some kid's dream, it CAN become reality.
Devin you could likely end up doing architecture designing strip malls for JOCO. I could see it now. Single story buildings, huge parking lots.....lol
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

why doesn't everyone forget my entire past? I cannot go into the future with people cursing me for my past. I cannot take back what I have done, nor can I make it any better, it is over. What is done is done. Forget my past, I live in a different present now and no one else but I can see it... What makes it hard, is that no one knows what is truly in my heart.
I dislike conflict,
I discommunicate hate,
I don't like fighting,
If you want to know what is partly in my heart, I would die for my country, but I would not kill for it.
I will live my life helping Kansas City, even if the job I have to do is depressing for me...
When I look around the world, news and people, I see too much hate, and hate is fear, fear of something different that yourself,
hate of races
hate of religions
hate of nations
hate of cultures
hate of the wealthly
hate of the poor
hate of the hateful
hate of the loving
I can list so many more... I pray some miracle comes on the world to help ease the fear and killing...
I have been put here for a purpose and I am intent on discovering that purpose.
I look at the world of how it should be, because it is disgracing of how it is.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

can anyone remember

Post by tat2kc »

Devin,
I locked the aerial thread, primarily because of your comments. Your disdain for anything in Kansas, and your extreme prejudice against the suburbs colors most of your comments. What you said to DeadMan was completely uncalled for. So he lives in KCK and loves his city. There is no need to disparage other cities in this forum. Your obsession with the the urban core and buildings over 12 stories borders on the unhealthy. You were not like this a year ago. Your posts were well thought out, insightful, and right on target. I distinctly remember offering to help yo find an internship or summer work experience with a local architecture firm when you were ready to do that. Your current attitude, or at least as you present it on here, would not inspire me to do that.

Instead of sounding like a mature, thoughtful, contributing member of the forum, you now sound like a whiny 15 year old. I personally look forward to the day that you once again are a constructive member of the forum. You are a smart, thoughtful guy. I hope to see that Devin back here again!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

i am too, but unfortunately I am still making my way back from the hole I dug myself in.
(if you believe in him) I believe God is helping me, but I asked for him to only help a little, because I hurt myself and now I have to get myself out. In my opinion, he is arranging the occurances/events and I am using them to better myself.
No one sees it yet, but my heart is getting less and less heavier and less and less black, I may be only 30-40% of the way back but I am making my way. I can't express what is really in my heart, that is something I only can do with 2 people.
I am sure seeing MG's new movie will help me up past halfway there.
Anonymous

can anyone remember

Post by Anonymous »

KCDevin wrote:I am sure seeing MG's new movie will help me up past halfway there.
Aye, I'm waitin' for QT's new movie "Kill Bill: Volume 2" to hurry up and come out. Now there's some real inspiration. :cheers:
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

I have said it before and I'm saying it again, everyone forget my past.
I am tired of being treated like a troll and a plauge. I only am disrespectful to others if they are that way to me.
I just want peace. I haven't been on because I am realizing that I'm no fighter, I'm not a aggressor, I'm not a hateful person, I am for peace and love.
I spend a week or two away from here, then come back and am still treated like I was those one or two weeks before. I come ready for peace and ready for people to respect me, and ready for no more arguements, I come back to (a little amount of) bashing, flaming and hate for myself. You all know how much it can hurt to have people hate or despise you. It doesn't hurt me emotionally, but it hurts my heart. I try to express my feelings, but almost no one listens, pays attention, and only a few people have forgiven me.
I ask again, everyone, forgive me, forget my past, forget what I formally was, treat me as you treat other people and I will do the same. I don't want to be hostile, nor appear to be hateful.
I will treat everyone else very good, but everyone has to do the same for me first.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

can anyone remember

Post by tat2kc »

no one is treating you like a troll, You'd be banned if you were a troll. You've expressed your opinions in the marriage thread quite well, and you've be respectful of others opinions. Just read people's response to your posts, re-read your posts in light of their responses, and reflect on them. Don't give up your beliefs or values, but look at them objectively, and try to see them from other people's point of view. Defend them, but do so in a respectful way.

You may not approve of me and my lifestyle, and I am not looking for your approval. I do expect, though, that you'll respect my different values and beliefs, and allow me to live my life with dignity. And not let anyone take away my rights!! :?
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

As I said, and as you read ;) I am not prejudice against Gays or Lesbians, my cousin has a friend that is a lesbian, she is just as good as a person as my relatives and friends. The only thing I have in conflict with gays, is what the Bible says about it, well, more of what God says of it. In the Bible, it says it is a sin, and I just pray that christian gays ask for forgiveness for their sin. (they might continue, but at least they are repenting)
Of course, the above belongs in that thread...

I just watched a trailer for "The Passion of Christ" and it hasn't ever happened, but I cried... Not in anger or sadness. But I was/am happy. I have been filling my heart with love, and now I believe it's full...
KCforumer

can anyone remember

Post by KCforumer »

Who is God? You keep talking about him or her. I'm curious.
KCDevin

can anyone remember

Post by KCDevin »

Who is God? He is the Alpha, the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. He created the heavens and the earth. God is neither a he or a she, he is the father, the son and the holy ghost.
This is what I believe.
Anonymous

can anyone remember

Post by Anonymous »

Neither he, nor she? Does that mean he has a penis and vagina?