Brave Internet Browser

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Brave Internet Browser

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

I’m unsure how much everyone in here knows about the brave internet browsing service. Long story short, the reward users in crypto-currency for engaging with Ads. It also allows content creators to accept tips from users in said crypto as support for works posted. You have to verify a website with brave IOT receive these tips, but could help contribute to supporting the forum once adoption becomes more widespread. I’ve been using it for about a month now and have been enjoying the browser greatly. Just a thought, wondering what everyone thinks of the idea
bspecht
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Brave Internet Browser

Post by bspecht »

I've used Brave for over a year now, just a stripped down Chrome w/ privacy focus. Not sure BAT will ever take hold to the extent it's envisioned, but can register site here to receive "tips" - https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

bspecht wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:09 pm I've used Brave for over a year now, just a stripped down Chrome w/ privacy focus. Not sure BAT will ever take hold to the extent it's envisioned, but can register site here to receive "tips" - https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org.
Appreciate the link, couldn’t for the life of me find anything, given I am in Italy so everything kept coming up in Italian :lol:
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

Love it. Super clean and super stable.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

I use Brave on my Linux laptops but not the Ad option. It's Chrome with Tor option added and most of the Googly things stripped out and built in blockers added. Prefer Firefox (with Ublock) but it doesn't support touchscreen on Linux. For better anonymity, I also use the real Tor Browser, which avoids fingerprinting, Brave doesn't. It's based on Firefox so also no touchscreen support on Linux.

Some won't use Brave because of the rightie political activism from author.