Welcome to the new forum!

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Welcome to the new forum!

Post by Highlander »

mean wrote:
KC Sporting Life wrote:Why can I post replies, new topics, etc..in some forums but not in others?
You should be able to post anything in any forum. There may be a problem. Looking into it...

edit: Yep, there's something weird going on. I can see that your permissions are mangled. Sorry about that! I'll figure out why and get it fixed ASAP.

edit2: Should be fixed, I think. Let me know.
Posting is a bit hit and miss for me. The biggest problem I have is that when I hit submit, nothing happens. Then I hit submit again and there is a double post -or- I don't hit submit again and nothing gets posted. It's like a choice between double posting or not posting at all.

<EDIT> It only seems to be a problem, however, in certain rooms as it posted fine here.
KC Sporting Life
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by KC Sporting Life »

Mean...looks like you cured it. Thanks!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Highlander wrote:Posting is a bit hit and miss for me. The biggest problem I have is that when I hit submit, nothing happens. Then I hit submit again and there is a double post -or- I don't hit submit again and nothing gets posted. It's like a choice between double posting or not posting at all.

<EDIT> It only seems to be a problem, however, in certain rooms as it posted fine here.
That sounds like a server issue (as opposed to a forum software issue), like the server is lagging a bit when you hit submit. It must actually be submitting (or it wouldn't double post, obviously) but it may be lagging behind on updating you that it submitted. Or it could be a browser issue, if your browser is lagging. I have never seen that behavior personally, so I'm not sure.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

mean wrote:
Highlander wrote:Posting is a bit hit and miss for me. The biggest problem I have is that when I hit submit, nothing happens. Then I hit submit again and there is a double post -or- I don't hit submit again and nothing gets posted. It's like a choice between double posting or not posting at all.

That sounds like a server issue (as opposed to a forum software issue), like the server is lagging a bit when you hit submit. It must actually be submitting (or it wouldn't double post, obviously) but it may be lagging behind on updating you that it submitted. Or it could be a browser issue, if your browser is lagging. I have never seen that behavior personally, so I'm not sure.
I believe you but this forum is the only place that I have that problem. Wierd.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

kcmetro wrote:How do you mark topics as read? I don't see an option for that. I'd like to be able to do that so I don't have to sift through all the topics every time.
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

There's a link at the very bottom of the main forum index. I haven't seen one anywhere else though. It sure would be handy to have one on the unread posts page as well, IMO.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Why are new users allowed to create topics? Seems to be more spam lately.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

lock+load wrote:Why are new users allowed to create topics? Seems to be more spam lately.
I thought there was simply an increasing interest in cheap pharmaceuticals by forum members.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

So, I use the mobile version of KC Rag. There is a question I'd like to ask about the Plaza lights. But, I can't start a new topic and I can't search for an existing topic about the Plaza lights because there is no search feature.

WHY ARE YOU MODS TRYING TO RUIN MY THANKSGIVING???????
Last edited by AllThingsKC on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I agree it's not the best mobile experience.....
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I installed the stupid phpBB mobile skin thing because everyone was all, "Hey, we need a mobile blah blah thingy because we don't know how to double-tap our mobile browser and have it automagically resize the page." I agree it sucks. If anyone can find a better option that won't make everyone constantly cry about it, I will happily check it out. Personally, I just click the "Disable phpBB Mobile" link at the bottom and get on with my life.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Has mobile view went away for anybody else?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Yep. It's broken.