10,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: 10,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by schugg »

I don't see anything wrong with being happy about having a substantial amount of posts. to me it just means total contribution with the exception for some of the sports flaming. 8) 

come on three-thousand!!!!!!!!
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

kcmetro wrote: Then there are those times when you're out of town for a week, and you log on to find 5 or 6 pages of unread topics since your last visit. I just say fuck it and mark all topics read....even though I feel a bit out of the loop.
hey i hear ya there dude. like in the heighth of all the shit talking we do over the big XII and other sports, there are some days, particularly days when ku loses or mu loses ( which, be honest, the later happens more, i know ) and i see that the big XII bball thread and anything sports related has balooned up 4 pages, i just say fuck it, mark em all as read, and move on.

the worst is what you said. you take 5-6 days off, log back in, and you have 8 pages of unread replies. NO THANKS!!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

At least this forum stays active.
KC is the way to be!
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

I just like to stay informed and have decent conversation. I work alone. There's no conversation unless I have it with myself.

And when I tell someone else something I've heard and they say "where did you hear that?" I just tell them "I have people."
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

With all of the heavy posters like powercat, Chriz, Chef, toss, and others there are also those that are not posting at all. I periodically glance through the members list and there are 11 pages of members with 0 posts. The heaviest posters only take up the first 6 pages of the list. I wish that we could get the posters with 0 posts to start making their voices known.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.
Kerabatsos
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Kerabatsos »

How many posts does it take to become Grand Slam Liquors?
It's not the end of civilization, but you can see it from there.
Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

I should reach 10,000 posts in September 2038.
the only thing for sure is change.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Cyclops wrote: I should reach 10,000 posts in September 2038.
Sussudio should reach 10,000 posts by Spetember.  Period.

(Just kidding, Sussudio).  :lol:
KC is the way to be!
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

AllThingsKC wrote: Sussudio should reach 10,000 posts by Spetember.  Period.

(Just kidding, Sussudio).  :lol:
no, she will.
Mhudson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Mhudson »

Man, I was happy to get 50 the other day.  I better step it up if I want to be the envy of all the other forumers!!  I can thank the forum for getting me excited enough about KC to persuade me to move back from Chicago!
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Mhudson wrote: ...to persuade me to move back from Chicago!
New York, Chicago, Kansas City.  Is there any place you're not from?  :lol:
KC is the way to be!
Mhudson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Mhudson »

Haha, no New York, unless you consider the Little Apple as an annex.
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

Anyone notice that Sussudio has 1000+ posts.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

anniewarbucks wrote: Anyone notice that Sussudio has 1000+ posts.
I was just going to mention that! What a loser I am!  :D
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

you guys are lucky. a few years back you got lynched verbally for posting more than 10 times a month if you were a newbie. this place used to be a collection of a few dozen regulars that bantered back and forth, not even that often. then it started to pick up a whole lot of new posters that post very frequently. and it drove some of the original people CRAZY. and eventually a lot of them to leave. oh well, no big loss i suppose.

not the only forum like this. try posting at kcroyals.com sometime, your post is buried by dozens of replies in a matter of hours. same thing in live journal communities, you do a post and you have 40-50 comments in less then a day.

i for one love all the new posters that post so frequently. keep it going!!
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

there are more important things than post counts

...says the guy who's been around for 2+ years but only has 1200 posts.
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

I usually have a lot to say or a lot to say about nothing. It totally depends on the day. I work alone so I totally crave human interaction of any kind. If this is how I get it, then so be it.

I also like to know what's going on in the city I live in. I can't believe I've been here almost my whole life and was clueless.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

kcdcchef wrote: you guys are lucky. a few years back you got lynched verbally for posting more than 10 times a month if you were a newbie. this place used to be a collection of a few dozen regulars that bantered back and forth, not even that often. then it started to pick up a whole lot of new posters that post very frequently. and it drove some of the original people CRAZY. and eventually a lot of them to leave. oh well, no big loss i suppose.
i think the cast of regulars changes regularly.  For the time i've been here it's always been a revolving stage, with folks who come and go, some being pretty intensely involved for a few months and leaving, others staying around, others posting consistently but little, some who have been around since the very beginning others who have just arrived.  Oh, and Michael of course, in his various incarnations, I think whenever he shows up it's a sign that a new cycle has begun.  I don't remember it being any different when you came in.
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

I also think some posters stick more to certain threads than others. I don't know a whole lot about development, so I try not to post much there. I usually read a lot and occasionally ask a question.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Sussudio wrote: I also think some posters stick more to certain threads than others. I don't know a whole lot about development, so I try not to post much there. I usually read a lot and occasionally ask a question.
Same here.  I read tons of threads, but usually only post in the ones about subjects where I feel reasonably competent -- sports, movies, occasionally politics (but I usually try not to get sucked into that snake pit), etc.  I'm interested in what happens in KC, but I'm not really an urban development expert, so since I generally lack any genuine insight to add, I just keep my mouth shut in those threads.  I've been around here for a few years but I only post in a small minority of the threads I read.  At this rate, I will not reach 1000 posts until 2011.  But that's fine, because the other people here who post wayyyyy more than I do are the ones who actually know what they're talking about, whose posts I come here to read, so it works for me.  I am kind of a leech here, I guess.