Images in signature lines

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Anyone else annoyed by the huge images people are putting in their signatures? It takes longer for pages to load, makes it harder to scan through multiple posts in a forum, and looks kinda ridiculous when peoples' sigs take up more room than their posts....
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah I was going to comment on that....I'll see if people can reduce them...thanks.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Rooster_Ties
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Rooster_Ties »

Count me among the ranks that dislikes images (especially big one) in signatures.

Even for those with hi-speed access, it's still very distracting when trying to skim down threads, especially to see the same image over and over again, if a person with a large image in their sig has posted multiple times in a thread.

( I nearly started a thread just like this one on a couple occasions, but didn't want to rock the boat. But as long as someone else brought up the topic... :wink: )
10-year resident of KCMO, who lives in the Volker neighborhood, near the West 39th Street corridor. I grew up outside of St. Louis, on the Illinois side of the river (near Belleville, IL).
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

KC wrote:yeah I was going to comment on that....I'll see if people can reduce them...thanks.
Coolio. Much obliged. I think the small avatar image is enough of an opportunity for self-expression. Anything more gets in the way of the discusison, IMHO.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

I would prefer even disabling sigpics all together. They're particularly bad when you have two people going back and forth and the same image is brought up every single time. Loud signatures in general are very distracting and annoying.