More Anti-mod Angst

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

More Anti-mod Angst

Post by nota »

eclair wrote: If little symbol helps, why censor?
Censoring is what they love to do. GEEEEEZ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by nota on Fri May 04, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by anniewarbucks »

Let me see. ham & beans, bread & butter. & works.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

nota wrote: Censoring is what they love to do. GEEEEEZ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
pretty much, they get off on that. then they use their little retarded lame ass i have special "Modpower", say something fucking ignorant, lock it, and let noone else resond to their lame ass wanna be comments.

dont believe me? check the dumpster, thrillcekr made the post of the century. best post ever.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

they?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

kcdcchef wrote: dont believe me? check the dumpster, thrillcekr made the post of the century. best post ever.
Well, yeah, but only because I don't think I've seen anyone have such a hilarious internet meltdown in at least 5 years. Classic!
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

The only meltdown I've ever seen here is the modweenies stirring up garbage with some poster, calling them names, etc and then censoring a thread to the dumpster if the poster dares to refute anything the modweenie said. And that is just

doubledawgdamndownright HILARIOOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

And no one need try to deny it. The evidence trail is quite visible.

See you in the dumpster with this one too, I'm sure.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

nota wrote: See you in the dumpster
Is that the internet version of "See you in Hell"?
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

Highlander wrote: Is that the internet version of "See you in Hell"?

I guess it could be. Just a prediction for how long the comments last.

But how 'bout you? You can always argue strongly and passionately and still do it without namecalling and belittling any poster. Your arguments, as annoying as they can be  :wink: are always mature and non personal.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

nota wrote: The only meltdown I've ever seen here is the modweenies stirring up garbage with some poster, calling them names, etc and then censoring a thread to the dumpster if the poster dares to refute anything the modweenie said. And that is just

doubledawgdamndownright HILARIOOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

And no one need try to deny it. The evidence trail is quite visible.

See you in the dumpster with this one too, I'm sure.
pretty much. they all come in to threads like this, defend one another, call the others of us conspiracy theorists, get their other non-mod flunkies to back them up, say something stupid, stir up shit, warn, mute, and ban the other posters, and then go on about their happy exsistence.
mean wrote: Well, yeah, but only because I don't think I've seen anyone have such a hilarious internet meltdown in at least 5 years. Classic!
actually, he just told the truth about you and your buddies. i know that must irk you that the number of posters on here who feel that way about you guys is growing.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

absolutely hilarious.  i think i can speak for all the moderators when i say that i HATE it when threads devolve into insults and pissing matches (which i no doubt contribute to, and never denied that).

as for "censoring," i think i've maybe "censored" five posts on this site since i've been a mod - once b/c someone called women "bitches" or something, once b/c the Cafe Trio guy provided a forumer's name and workplace, once b/c Michael made some pretty racist comments, and once when anniewarbucks had a racist meltdown. 

in fact, we moderators have a special room on the forum where we apprise the other mods of any action we took to moderate something.  on average it is MAYBE one moderation per day. 

if that is "overmoderation" and "censoring" i suggest you all check out other discussion forums.  this is the wild wild west compared to many. 

btw, i'm pretty sure Bahua "censoring" the & was just a joke. 
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

chrizow wrote:
in fact, we moderators have a special room on the forum where we apprise the other mods of any action we took to moderate something.  on average it is MAYBE one moderation per day. 

Yup, I know about it. Been there when someone left the gate open-more than once and I wandered in. Actually, I didn't even get so much as a thank you when I drew that problem to a KCP's attention. Some really hateful conversation about posters goes on in there.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

cool, thanks for sharing.  that has nothing to do with what we're talking about for the 5,000th time - the fact that some users think this forum is run with iron fists when the opposite is the case.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

kcdcchef wrote: dont believe me? check the dumpster, thrillcekr made the post of the century. best post ever.
yes, b/c a 1000-word post aimed at personally denigrating another user is very constructive and worthy of remaining in the main portion of the site.  i know you enjoy lodging personal insults at others on the forum, but the mods encourage users to refrain from that.  we expect vigorous debate and we expect people to be offended sometimes, but a post basically calling another user names is just asinine.  interestingly, these posts nearly always come from the more aged members of the site. 
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Wtf is nota talking about me?  i wasnt in charge when that happened.  some have real issues with authority to be on here whining about forum mods. 
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

chrizow wrote: btw, i'm pretty sure Bahua "censoring" the & was just a joke. 
obviously, no one found it humorous.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

chrizow wrote: yes, b/c a 1000-word post aimed at personally denigrating another user is very constructive and worthy of remaining in the main portion of the site.  i know you enjoy lodging personal insults at others on the forum, but the mods encourage users to refrain from that.  we expect vigorous debate and we expect people to be offended sometimes, but a post basically calling another user names is just asinine.  interestingly, these posts nearly always come from the more aged members of the site. 
but the shots taken by the mod club at that poster were a-okay, right chriz?

they always are.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

regrettably, bahua did call Thrill an "ignoramus" in that thread. 

no one has ever said that mods are perfect.  we get our blood boiling as much as the next person.  you should understand that when a thread gets dumpstered, it's usually the culmination of several posts that take the thread into dumpsterland.  sadly, some of those flame posts come from moderators.  it's not a double standard though - i don't think you've ever seen a moderator launch into an extended monologue denigrating another forumer. 

saying "mods aren't perfect" is one thing - complaining about "censorship" and "overmoderation" on this site is simply laughable though.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Chef - if it makes you feel better, some mod deleted my post where I told someone to shove a segway up their ass last night - even us "non-mod flunkies" get censored when we have it coming. 
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

chrizow wrote: regrettably, bahua did call Thrill an "ignoramus" in that thread. 
I did not. I said he was acting like one, talking about things he obviously didn't understand.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Chef - if it makes you feel better, some mod deleted my post where I told someone to shove a segway up their ass last night - even us "non-mod flunkies" get censored when we have it coming. 
That was me. I deleted a flamish back and forth between you and someone else whose name eludes me at the moment.