The Historic Northeast
3%

Total votes: 106

Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Where do we live

Post by Highlander »

With 711 people on this board now, I thought it would be interesting to see what the demographics are with respect to where people live in the metro area (or outside the metro area).  This has been done before but not as a poll and there are always new members that change the demographics.  Hope I have not left anywhere out. 
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Where do we live

Post by chrizow »

right now, i am outside the KC metro area.  (thank god columbia is not part of the KC metro area).

in six months, however, you will likely find me in the "midtown/plaza" territory, unless i can find a relatively cheap place downtown.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Yes there are 711 registered members but how many of them are frequent forumers? I would say about 50-60 of them.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Yes there are 711 registered members but how many of them are frequent forumers? I would say about 50-60 of them.
well at the end of the day, it usually shows around 150 registered users have hit the site that day.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
paisstat
New York Life
New York Life

Post by paisstat »

I live in the Crossroads area--Soho South to be specific.
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

I live in Wyandotte county, but specifically I live in Kansas City, Kansas.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Roeland Park, about a mile and a half from KCMO.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
gootsku
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by gootsku »

Crossroads, specifically Stuart Hall Lofts.

Funny story . . . I went to the KU basketball game today with a couple of friends. One friend had brought a girl I had not met along.  Somehow the topic of New York came up.  We were talking about the people we knew living there.  Anyway, she was talking about her girlfriend and made a comment about her friend's ex-boyfriend who lives there.  She called him a "dork" for spending time on some "Kansas City Downtown Development Website."  My roommate looked at me and laughed at loud.  Although, I am often too busy to post often here, I check it daily.  Needless to say, I took issue with this statement and represented well on behalf of all the forum members.
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

chrizow wrote: right now, i am outside the KC metro area.  (thank god columbia is not part of the KC metro area).

in six months, however, you will likely find me in the "midtown/plaza" territory, unless i can find a relatively cheap place downtown.
Try the Buick lofts I think they are called on Admiral Blvd. Nice location in between River Market and Downtown. I looked at them when they had two available and they seemed decent and were not too expensive on the rent. Of course you'll be living above a gay bar. I went up to look at them at night on the weekend and you really couldn't hear the music at all. In case anyone is wondering I'm not planning on moving out of Kansas City, KS. My friend Jason was looking at them I just went to tag along.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

"LIVE" in KCMO...sleep in Blue Springs.... :D
justin8216
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by justin8216 »

I live in Southwest Kansas City, KS bordering Shawnee, Merriam, and Overland Park.  Southwest Kansas City, KS also known  as the Turner area, is  considered more a part of the Shawnee Mission area due to proximity than the Kansas City, KS area. People generally associate State Ave, Parallel Pkwy, and Leavenworth Rds as being Kansas City, KS. The area I am in is closer to Antioch, Nieman, and Shawnee Mission Pkwy and those are the areas we are more connected with. Purely by virtue of proximity. The rest of Kansas City, KS is across a river. Also interesting to note a surprising number of people who live in Kansas City, KS north of the KS river actually think Turner is part of Johnson County. One time I had a city  employee pull over to ask me directions LOL. We have our own school system, which is decent, I got a 26 on my ACT which isn't too bad, low crime, comparable to anywhere in Johnson County, and diverse housing stock and people. Neighborhoods run the gamut, with areas of  300k dollar homes to areas of 70 to 80k dollar homes, making the Turner area demographically diverse. Which I believe makes it a stronger area, because of the interaction between socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

Currently: Living in Westport- as I'm sure everyone knows because I've said it a hundred times.

Previously: With my mom in KCK
                In Spain
                With my mom in KCK             
                In Warrensburg (but came back to KC every weekend for 2.5 years-typical)
                With my mom in KCK
                In west Shawnee sprawl with uncle, aunt, & cousins
                With my mom and dad in Westport before they separated

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

i'm currently living on campus at the university of missouri, but when i'm home i live in the northland, just around the corner from nota it sounds like.  more specifically (but not too specific for those i may have pissed off on the board), i live between 64th and 72nd streets, one mile south of suburbia USA (northland version) barry road.

please don't hate me because i live in the 'burbs, i swear it's not as bad as you think.  at least i pay kcmo taxes  :).
driver 8
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by driver 8 »

I live Dowtown in the Library Lofts. I love living down here and i'm excited about the future of downtown.
DowntownBryan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by DowntownBryan »

You're a lucky man driver 8. I would give my left nut to live downtown (preferrably the Western Auto lofts).
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

DowntownBryan wrote: You're a lucky man driver 8. I would give my left nut to live downtown (preferrably the Western Auto lofts).
Wow that's dedication....maybe
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

Nobody I have ever talked to thinks Turner is in Johnson county.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

KCK wrote: Nobody I have ever talked to thinks Turner is in Johnson county.
yeah, there might be a few people in KCK that are confused, but nobody in Joco itself suffers from this misperception.
Stockton
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Stockton »

I think most people associate Turner with the WT-ish area off 47th and Shawnee Dr. Really small houses out of the 50s? Many without basements or even proper foundations, tiny patio houses. West of that crap is an area of rough terrain and scatterings of upscale homes.

I live in Wyandotte County along Leavenworth Rd near Washington High School.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

midtown 8)  just bought my first house in july at 34th & wyandotte. to the east of me (right next door) they are finishing up five 189k townhouses. great block.