KC in TV and Movies

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Re: KC in TV and Movies

Post by KCKev »

Also the program just after Joy Farm is a great Doc on how cable TV got started and why the government required cable companies to have local public access for the community. KC needs to hit up the city council and get time warner or whoever is the metros cable provider to do this again. KC needs a public access tv station downtown!
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I'm ashamed for knowing this, but E! News last weekend reported from Kansas City because Ryan Seacrest was in town for American Idol.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Star: Joyce Smith

Kansas City businesses are getting their 15 minutes of fame.

•E! Entertainment Television was in town last week and filmed some scenes for the reality show “Split Ends” on E! Filming took place at The Drop Bar and Bistro, 409 E. 31st St.

•The Food Network hit Original Juan Specialty Foods at 111 Southwest Blvd., in Kansas City, Kan., for a feature on “How’d That Get on My Plate.” The new series follows raw ingredients from farm to factory to favorite food, in this case garlic, which is used in Original Juan’s kettle-cooked “Pain is Good” sauce.

Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Something about Kansas caught my eye in Yahoo news, like the story line for the new 90210 series...first episode...."We're not in Kansas anymore"

The hotly anticipated debut of "90210" is only a few weeks away, but Yahoo! TV is hooking you up with exclusive photos from the first episode right now! In the episode entitled "We're Not in Kansas Anymore," siblings Annie and Dixon Wilson have just relocated from Kansas to California and must adjust to life in swanky Beverly Hills. What better way to celebrate a cross-country move than to attend the super sweet 16th birthday party for the school's most popular diva? Click through this slideshow for a never-before-seen peek into the premiere of "90210."

Expect hollywood to break out all the typical midwest stereotypes for this one. puke. 
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Highlander wrote: Something about Kansas caught my eye in Yahoo news, like the story line for the new 90210 series...first episode...."We're not in Kansas anymore"

The hotly anticipated debut of "90210" is only a few weeks away, but Yahoo! TV is hooking you up with exclusive photos from the first episode right now! In the episode entitled "We're Not in Kansas Anymore," siblings Annie and Dixon Wilson have just relocated from Kansas to California and must adjust to life in swanky Beverly Hills. What better way to celebrate a cross-country move than to attend the super sweet 16th birthday party for the school's most popular diva? Click through this slideshow for a never-before-seen peek into the premiere of "90210."

Expect hollywood to break out all the typical midwest stereotypes for this one. puke. 
In the original, they moved from Minnesota. Brandon Walsh even had a Minnesota-style mullet.

KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GtImIqR5neU

"Kansas City in August is hotter than two rats fucking in a wool sock."

ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by ComandanteCero »

:lol:

that is awesome
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Awesome, but completely untrue this year, mercifully.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

at times it can still smell like that!
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Just got finished watching "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon", one of the great John Ford/John Wayne movies.  Towards the end John Wayne's character, Captain Nathan Brittles, is retiring.  His troop gives him a retirement watch made of silver that came all the way from Kansas City.  I assume the movie takes place in the later part of 1876 or in 1877 since it is after Col. Custer made his famous last stand.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

I saw parts of some movie this weekend at a friends house, Super hero movie or something rather.

It had 2 parts that I saw of the KC skyline flipped up on the screen for a few seconds. I said hey thats the KC skyline and they said nooooo so I made them pause it and I started naming off buildings  :lol:
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

somebody was filming a scene for a movie under the clock in union station saturday morning. i didn't catch the name of the film, but i was shushed and told to wait off to the side.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Humm, did it look like a major movie crew or something more amateur?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Midtownkid wrote: Humm, did it look like a major movie crew or something more amateur?
totally amateur. although it's getting hard to tell these days with the migration to digital.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Humm, wonder if it was an add.  Maybe Bob Jones Shoes is rolling out a new add campaign.  haha.  "Break all the rules and go doooowwwwwn toooowwwwnnnn" just isn't accurate anymore. :P
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

funny sidebar... i overheard one of the extras ask about her "motivation".
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Obama followed Michelle's speech with a greeting via teleprompter from Kansas City, MO tonight.  He first said "from Kansas City", then he said "in Saint Louis", then the kids asked, "what city are you in" and he said "Kansas City."  I hate how people always make that mistake.  They don't even sound the same.  Oh well.  Imagine if Bush made that mistake...he would be tagged as a retard.  :P  Oh well
medleyj
Pad site
Pad site

Post by medleyj »

Don't know if this counts. In the movie True Grit, Rooster Cogburn (AKA John Wayne) says he lost his eye in the civil war in the battle of Lone Jack. That was a real battle in a real town just a little East of here. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 8&t=h&z=14

By the way, Obama gets a free pass on the flub because everyone makes verbal mistakes now and then. Bush keeps making them over and over and over and over and over and over again.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

Midtownkid wrote: Obama followed Michelle's speech with a greeting via teleprompter from Kansas City, MO tonight.  He first said "from Kansas City", then he said "in Saint Louis", then the kids asked, "what city are you in" and he said "Kansas City."  I hate how people always make that mistake.  They don't even sound the same.  Oh well.  Imagine if Bush made that mistake...he would be tagged as a retard.  :P  Oh well
Maybe the was just excited after having so good BBQ!
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

medleyj wrote: By the way, Obama gets a free pass on the flub because everyone makes verbal mistakes now and then. Bush keeps making them over and over and over and over and over and over again.
But when McCain misspeaks the Big O hints that age is catching up with him.  It must be bad when you are not even 50 and you don't know where you are at.
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.