KC in TV and Movies

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: KC in TV and Movies

Post by KC0KEK »

KCLover wrote: I happened to be flipping through channels and just now turned on channel 9. Oprahs "The Big Give" is on there now and Tony Gonzalez is on there. Don't know why, never have seen this show, just know he was on there and had a little interview of him at arrowhead.
He was pictured with her in a story in a recent issue of Parade, but neither the caption nor the story identified him.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

He was a judge.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCMax wrote: He was a judge.
He was also a Chiefs player.
KC is the way to be!
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: It has been a very, very long time since I have seen the 1962 movie but "Gypsy", about Gypsy Rose Lee http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056048/

has some time in KC.  I believe KC is mentioned in the end with the scene taking place here.
...Vaudeville was dying. (Elsewhere, June and Bobby Reed had tried to get an act going, but eventually had to settle for the grueling marathon dance circuit.) Rose Louise and her Hollywood Blondes, now living in a tent to save money on hotels, worked their first burlesque house, The Missouri Theatre in Kansas City.
http://www.historylink.org/essays/outpu ... le_id=5686
There is no fifth destination.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by Midtownkid »

Anyone heard about that 'lie to me' movie lately?  I thought I heard it would be coming out around now...
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Garth Brooks will be on a rerun episode of Jay Leno.  So, if you like hearing Garth Brooks say, "Kansas City" several times, tonight would be a good night to see that.
KC is the way to be!
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

One of my customers actually repeated the WC Fields Spiel about KCK/KCMo from International House Yesterday. (keep in mind I'm in Oregon)Brilliant!
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

"Pinks" filmed in KC is on the speed channel now. Filmed at KCIR btw.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

http://www.kansascity.com/782/story/520424.html

be sure to watch "high school confidential" on WE - it is a reality show/documentary about teenage girls at blue valley northwest!  good times!
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

chrizow wrote: http://www.kansascity.com/782/story/520424.html

be sure to watch "high school confidential" on WE - it is a reality show/documentary about teenage girls at blue valley northwest!  good times!
Huh. I read a national story about the show giving it high reviews for showing high school kids as they really are, many with real problems like drugs and pregnancies. I had no idea it was produced locally.

I can kinda understand why BVNW didn't want their name in there, still its kinda dumb.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Mhudson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Mhudson »

I was just flipping through channels and stumbled upon another Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives featuring a KC restaurant.  The episode is called Big Breakfast and they were at 39th Street Mama's.  Pretty cool to see them in the area.  The same episode will be on Food Network this Sunday at 3 o'clock.
Nathan
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Nathan »

Mhudson wrote: I was just flipping through channels and stumbled upon another Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives featuring a KC restaurant.  The episode is called Big Breakfast and they were at 39th Street Mama's.  Pretty cool to see them in the area.  The same episode will be on Food Network this Sunday at 3 o'clock.
The location on SW Trafficway? 
Mhudson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Mhudson »

Nathan wrote: The location on SW Trafficway? 
Yeah, thats the one.
pstokely
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by pstokely »

Centron, which produced many shorts featured on MST3K, had its studios in Lawrence. It used KU professors as consultants. The Calvin Company which produced similar shorts had their studios on Troost. Centron went belly up in the 80s and their stuff in now in the public domain. Why didn't they make the transition to videotape?
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

FYI, McFadden's has Boulevard draws for $3.50 during happy hour, which I think ends at 7 or 7:30. On a lovely evening, it really hits the spot for an outdoor beer.
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

I've been watching that high school confidential on WE filmed here. Pretty interesting. They just showed the Plaza, Nelson Museum, and the downtown buildings. Mostly have been showing the blah suburbs and it makes kansas look real dull as normal.
Mhudson
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Mhudson »

Not sure if this has been on here before, but I was just watching the movie "The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford" and there is a lot of talk about KC.  The address they said Jesse stayed at was 1017 Troost.  Pretty good movie too.
Cyclops
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Cyclops »

pstokely wrote: Centron, which produced many shorts featured on MST3K, had its studios in Lawrence. It used KU professors as consultants. The Calvin Company which produced similar shorts had their studios on Troost. Centron went belly up in the 80s and their stuff in now in the public domain. Why didn't they make the transition to videotape?
Calvin was one of the country's biggest production companies for many many years. They were pioneers in 16 mm production. Robert Altman started his career there. The building at Truman and Troost was amazing in it's day. It was demolished in the very early 90's. They mostly produced industrials and educational films. They had a very successful lab and one of the largest soundstages in the region. A lot of very successful film technicians came out of that place.
the only thing for sure is change.
18th STreet
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by 18th STreet »

Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel (TWC channel 45) is at KCI Airport right now (8pm Tuesday CST)
MightyKC
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by MightyKC »

I just watched Arlington Road on HBO on demand.  The main charachter is from Carson KS, went to K-State and there are some clips of the KC Star as well.  Overall a good movie but pretty disturbing.
"I'm asking you to believe.  Not just in my ability to bring about real change in Washington ... I'm asking you to believe in yours."  - Barack Obama