Things/Places for single people in KC?

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Things/Places for single people in KC?

Post by im2kull »

Goonies wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:24 pm I think this goes in this section? Ever since COVID it seems like my friend group is still pretty reluctant to go out and do things. I'm ready to do things and meet people. What are some things I can go out and do alone hopefully not feel like a loser.
Attend a KCRag meetup.

Attend an AVS Forum KC home theater meetup.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

I'm a long time KcRager. Born and raised in Kc. Lived in Tucson longer then in Kc but have the Kc spirit in my DNA. Question... where do you live and what grade school did you attend? My suggestion is the answer to your question is right in front of your face. It all there and always has been. I'm a few generations past you. I went to Rocky Horror Picture Show in Westport. My stomping grounds have been demolished but still have a love for my home town. May I suggest you go downtown and hit places that call you. Great people in Kc. Non like I've encountered anywhere else. Maybe go on a pub crawl with other members. I DID THAT WHEN I CSME BACK
took pictures of our beloved city with Tosspot. Went to grinders for some good grunge and wifi. Lots of new development to explore that I can't vouch for but go meet the wonderful people that live there. Union Station would be my starting point them make your way downtown or head to crossroads. Admitily I went to disco bars in kansas as a youngster for the 3.2 beer but you seen old enough to drink better beer then that. Others here can guide you to the singles spots downtown. Many to choose from so you dont have to hit the interstates and risk a DUI. As a youngster I partyed at Tiffeny Springs as I attended Park Hill Hs. Kegs with the jocks even though I was a freak 😲
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Goonies wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:09 pm
im2kull wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:50 pm
Goonies wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:24 pm I think this goes in this section? Ever since COVID it seems like my friend group is still pretty reluctant to go out and do things. I'm ready to do things and meet people. What are some things I can go out and do alone hopefully not feel like a loser.
Attend a KCRag meetup.

Theres KCrag meetups??
There could be. :lol:
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

im2kull wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:56 pm
im2kull wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:50 pm

Attend a KCRag meetup.

Theres KCrag meetups??
It would be an awkward meet up with most people on one side of the room and about 4 of us on the other.
Anthony_Hugo98
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Anthony_Hugo98 »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:21 pm

Theres KCrag meetups??
It would be an awkward meet up with most people on one side of the room and about 4 of us on the other.
We’d all mingle who’re you kidding, but you might be shunned Dcole :lol:
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:01 pm
DColeKC wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:21 pm

Lol - It would be fun for a few people on here to find out who I really am and even more fun to hear how differently people would talk to me in person. Than again, that would probably mean the end of me posting on here, much to the relief of many users!
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

Goonies wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:55 pm
DColeKC wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:54 pm
Anthony_Hugo98 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:01 pm
Lol - It would be fun for a few people on here to find out who I really am and even more fun to hear how differently people would talk to me in person. Than again, that would probably mean the end of me posting on here, much to the relief of many users!
Hi Mayor Funkhauser!
I'm hated, but hopefully not that much!
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Alcohol is a social lubricant.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

FangKC wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:53 pm Alcohol is a social lubricant.
I also think alcohol makes some users here angry or at least that's my mental image when reading some people's replies.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

Per thread topic, who is single? What bar would still be open to have a gathering? Last one I attended was 2008 at Flying Saucer but it's probably long gone. Breakfest at town topic or is it gone also?

Maybe everyone bring a 12 pack and party under the Broadway bridge😎
Showing my age as that's the kind of thing I'd have done in my youth.
Bbq and beer at Arthur Bryant's .
TrolliKC
Supporter

Post by TrolliKC »

KCKev wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:58 am I'm a long time KcRager. Born and raised in Kc. Lived in Tucson longer then in Kc but have the Kc spirit in my DNA. Question... where do you live and what grade school did you attend? My suggestion is the answer to your question is right in front of your face. It all there and always has been. I'm a few generations past you. I went to Rocky Horror Picture Show in Westport. My stomping grounds have been demolished but still have a love for my home town. May I suggest you go downtown and hit places that call you. Great people in Kc. Non like I've encountered anywhere else. Maybe go on a pub crawl with other members. I DID THAT WHEN I CSME BACK
took pictures of our beloved city with Tosspot. Went to grinders for some good grunge and wifi. Lots of new development to explore that I can't vouch for but go meet the wonderful people that live there. Union Station would be my starting point them make your way downtown or head to crossroads. Admitily I went to disco bars in kansas as a youngster for the 3.2 beer but you seen old enough to drink better beer then that. Others here can guide you to the singles spots downtown. Many to choose from so you dont have to hit the interstates and risk a DUI. As a youngster I partyed at Tiffeny Springs as I attended Park Hill Hs. Kegs with the jocks even though I was a freak 😲
My daughter is headed to U of A in the fall. I am really impressed with Tucson - including the street car. I am shocked at the changes in the city since whenever I first visited in the late 90's. It's too bad Tucson can't make the streetcar free like KCMO
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

Streetcar and buses in Tucson are free until December because of pandemic.
It's a blessing and a curse. Nice to ride for free but also allows homeless that probably have covid to ride all day long. Keeps then out of heat but exposes all of us to the hidden danger.