Operation Legend

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Operation Legend

Post by normalthings »

Per the request of the mayor, The White House announced today "Operation Legend." It’s a new initiative to help fight the surge of violent crime seen in Kansas City and directly in response to the request sent in by Lucas and Parson. Per a recent letter from the mayor, “we are at a crisis point and additional tools are needed for law enforcement and prosecutors to interrupt conspiracies to commit murder and the violent acts, particularly felons using deadly weapons in the streets of Kansas City."

Attorney General bar has directed The Department of Justice to send significant numbers of FBI ,DEA, Marshalls, and other federal law enforcement to the city. Operation Legend is named after 4-year-old Legend who was shot and killed recently in the city.

https://twitter.com/dyeward24/status/12 ... 19616?s=21
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Operation Legend

Post by brewcrew1000 »

If we didn't have the Northland would KC be #1 most dangerous city year after year
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

My friend works for ATF in Denver and they are asking for volunteers to come to KC
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:11 pm My friend works for ATF in Denver and they are asking for volunteers to come to KC
Federal LE will be employed to assist with the investigation and processing of existing murder and shooting cases. They will not be used for regular police work.

IMHO. This is needed. Too many cases are left unsolved. Too many suspects/perpetrators are let go. The prosecutor needs to go.

Long term the focus needs to be on providing education and free/convenient transit to jobs.
Last edited by normalthings on Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:02 pm If we didn't have the Northland would KC be #1 most dangerous city year after year
You'd be going up against St. Louis and it's really hard to beat STL in the "most dangerous city" category. You'd be surprised at just how St. Louis would remain at the top of the list.

Hopefully this Operation Legend thing works out.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

normalthings wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:02 pm Per the request of the mayor, The White House announced today "Operation Legend." It’s a new initiative to help fight the surge of violent crime seen in Kansas City and directly in response to the request sent in by Lucas and Parson. Per a recent letter from the mayor, “we are at a crisis point and additional tools are needed for law enforcement and prosecutors to interrupt conspiracies to commit murder and the violent acts, particularly felons using deadly weapons in the streets of Kansas City."

Attorney General bar has directed The Department of Justice to send significant numbers of FBI ,DEA, Marshalls, and other federal law enforcement to the city. Operation Legend is named after 4-year-old Legend who was shot and killed recently in the city.

Don't think Q asked for this, he sent a letter to Parsons, asking for state help, who then went to the White House. Q seems pretty in the dark.

Unintended consequences. Here's hoping it's helpful.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

grovester wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:30 pm
normalthings wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:02 pm Per the request of the mayor, The White House announced today "Operation Legend." It’s a new initiative to help fight the surge of violent crime seen in Kansas City and directly in response to the request sent in by Lucas and Parson. Per a recent letter from the mayor, “we are at a crisis point and additional tools are needed for law enforcement and prosecutors to interrupt conspiracies to commit murder and the violent acts, particularly felons using deadly weapons in the streets of Kansas City."

Don't think Q asked for this, he sent a letter to Parsons, asking for state help, who then went to the White House. Q seems pretty in the dark.

Unintended consequences. Here's hoping it's helpful.
News reported that Q and Parson had approached Federal gov. Not sure what exactly it is.
alejandro46
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by alejandro46 »

normalthings wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:16 pm
Long term the focus needs to be on providing education and free/convenient transit to jobs.
Fed help to work unsolved cases is by all means good.

But I strongly agree with this point. In order to reduce violent crime, you have to start with the bottom fundamentals. More police funding isn't working. As a city, we need to focus on ensuring kids get quality education, quality affordable housing choices, and public transit to jobs, supermarkets and services. We have failed our highest crime areas in all three of those needs. But hey we have a shiny new police station that takes up 4 city blocks. :/
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Quinton's tweets clearly showed he was in the dark on this announcement.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

It looks like federal agents are going to other democrat controlled cities to help in the spike in crime
https://fox6now.com/2020/07/21/presiden ... ess-crime/
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:27 pm It looks like federal agents are going to other democrat controlled cities to help in the spike in crime
At this point it still doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me. Working on getting existing murderers off the street for no increase in local policing costs seems like a win win.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

normalthings wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:44 pm
brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:27 pm It looks like federal agents are going to other democrat controlled cities to help in the spike in crime
At this point it still doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me. Working on getting existing murderers off the street for no increase in local policing costs seems like a win win.
Agreed. What is happening here is not similar to what is happening in Portland.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

What if it's an insanely corrupt reelection strategy and they're sent to "police" urban polling places against imagined fraud? I wouldn't put it past them. In fact, I'd be pretty surprised if that wasn't the plan.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

mean wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm What if it's an insanely corrupt reelection strategy and they're sent to "police" urban polling places against imagined fraud? I wouldn't put it past them. In fact, I'd be pretty surprised if that wasn't the plan.
And Quinton Lucas wants local control of KCPD to ensure his re-election in 2023. You can draw a much stronger line between giving Lucas direct control of a powerful and wealthy group that backed him.
Chris Stritzel
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Chris Stritzel »

Barr says feds arrested 200 people in Operation Legend. KC officials can’t confirm it

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... rylink=cpy

If true, great but because of Missouri, we must say, "Show Me".
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

mean wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm What if it's an insanely corrupt reelection strategy and they're sent to "police" urban polling places against imagined fraud? I wouldn't put it past them. In fact, I'd be pretty surprised if that wasn't the plan.
Can't be much worse then the Dems thinking shutting down the U.S. economy is a viable election strategy.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

Steve52 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:09 pm
Can't be much worse then the Dems thinking shutting down the U.S. economy is a viable election strategy.
Are you comparing trying to manage a pandemic to election fraud?
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Steve52 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:09 pmCan't be much worse then the Dems thinking shutting down the U.S. economy is a viable election strategy.
This is one of the funniest takes I've seen in a while thanks
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... 21027.html

Includes arrests from back in December and arrests unrelated to Operation Legend.

The DOJ is a shitshow.