Operation Legend

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Operation Legend

Post by missingkc »

When the ship sinks, everybody leans. ok, i just had to say that. But it's true, isn't it? And like I said, I hope I've embarrassed the hell out of myself here. I really do. I want to turn out to be just as wild-eyed as the Pizzagate folks. The difference in the situations is that Trump has made it very clear from his own words and actions that what I'm proposing is not beyond him. Nothing like accusing Hillary of pedophilia which had absolutely no basis in anything but internet rumors. The two things are not the same.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

I can't imagine any of these theories coming true but I also feel like the "far-right" groups are very small in actual numbers. Like, hundreds not even thousands. I have no data on that and maybe I'm just wondering how people can be so stupid to think that way and actually want to start a civil war.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

If we can all agree on one thing and one thing alone, it's that missingkc has embarrassed him/her self.

j/k.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

beermestrength wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:50 am
missingkc wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:56 am I'm afraid, Mean. I expect election day, voting place provocations to violence by forces put in place by Trump. I will not be surprised if he places a call to paramilitaries to police voting places. Call me crazy.
You're crazy.
Get out of your extreme left wing bubble. It's unhealthy. And I say the same thing to people in their extreme right wing bubble.
I'm hardly a left winger but the republicans are fully aware that they could become irrelevant as a national party in the US due to demographics. The electoral college and local efforts to suppress voting are keeping them in the game for now but there is no way they could win the presidency again with a high voter turnout. That's why they so vehemently oppose any effort to make voting more convenient; mail in campaigns, national holiday on election day (like many other nations do). I do not know if putting federal marshals and DHS agents is cities is part of this effort or not but there have been other pretty blatant suggestions to suppress voting.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ict-voting
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

I feel it would be a good thing for the republican party if Trump doesn't win. They need to reset, kick out some old heads and figure out how to appeal to younger people, women and minorities which will take years of work to do. Without the electoral college, the republican party would never stand chance moving forward.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

DColeKC wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:24 pm I feel it would be a good thing for the republican party if Trump doesn't win. They need to reset, kick out some old heads and figure out how to appeal to younger people, women and minorities which will take years of work to do. Without the electoral college, the republican party would never stand chance moving forward.
Better for the party and country for sure. Coming back as a fiscally Conservative party and shedding all of the religious dogma would do a lot towards getting younger people to vote for them.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

Riverite wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:42 pm
DColeKC wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:24 pm I feel it would be a good thing for the republican party if Trump doesn't win. They need to reset, kick out some old heads and figure out how to appeal to younger people, women and minorities which will take years of work to do. Without the electoral college, the republican party would never stand chance moving forward.
Better for the party and country for sure. Coming back as a fiscally Conservative party and shedding all of the religious dogma would do a lot towards getting younger people to vote for them.
That would be one thing. But Trump has brought it to another level by stirring up racial divisions and appealing to the lowest common denominator. The anti-science sentiment doesn't help the cause either with younger voters.

Some republicans are getting it and want to reform the party while other concerned republicans see the extent of the problem as being Trump. They need to address both issues. I've heard several publicly say they do not think the party will survive another 4 years of Trump.
Last edited by Highlander on Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:02 pm Per the request of the mayor, The White House announced today "Operation Legend." It’s a new initiative to help fight the surge of violent crime seen in Kansas City and directly in response to the request sent in by Lucas and Parson. Per a recent letter from the mayor, “we are at a crisis point and additional tools are needed for law enforcement and prosecutors to interrupt conspiracies to commit murder and the violent acts, particularly felons using deadly weapons in the streets of Kansas City."

Attorney General bar has directed The Department of Justice to send significant numbers of FBI ,DEA, Marshalls, and other federal law enforcement to the city. Operation Legend is named after 4-year-old Legend who was shot and killed recently in the city.

https://twitter.com/dyeward24/status/12 ... 19616?s=21
KC Star has acquired documents supporting that Lucas knew of federal agents to be sent to KC despite his claims.

A letter signed by Lucas says he welcomed the Feds offer to send agents and resources to the city. Mayor’s lawyer had hours long meetings with federal officials.

This comes after City Hall claimed no communications had occurred between City Hall and the Feds when a sunshine request was put in.

https://amp.kansascity.com/news/local/a ... ssion=true
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

beermestrength wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:11 pm I knew this board was far left leaning but Yikes :shock:

You guys are just as bad as the conspiracy theorists on the right.
Then why aren't you banned?

If you're here for conversation, let's have that conversation. If you're here to "dunk" on anyone you will probably not survive.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

They did an entire postmortem after the 2012 election that came to exactly this conclusion. In 2016, they nominated Trump. The heart wants what it wants.
beermestrength
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by beermestrength »

mean wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:38 pm
beermestrength wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:11 pm I knew this board was far left leaning but Yikes :shock:

If you're here for conversation, let's have that conversation. If you're here to "dunk" on anyone you will probably not survive.
LMFAO...nice threat. I'm so scared of being banned from a local development board :roll:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You just ban people that don't see things just like you.

Get out of your bubbles and live a little.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

beermestrength wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:47 am

LMFAO...nice threat. I'm so scared of being banned from a local development board :roll:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You just ban people that don't see things just like you.

You still haven’t done anything except insinuate everyone else is in a bubble, how do you know you aren’t the one that needs to “live a little”?
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

beermestrength wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:47 am

The adults are trying to have a conversation and have even invited you to take part in it. I know you can do better. Actually engage, unless you’re afraid of facing opposition. Some of us aren’t even “left”, we just don’t subscribe to fascism either.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

beermestrength wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:47 amThis is exactly what I'm talking about. You just ban people that don't see things just like you.
You missed the point.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

No, we only ban people who are toxic assholes. You came in here tryhard-troll shitposting, and what happened? Nothing. By "you will probably not survive" I mean that you're going to get schooled repeatedly by the regular posters here who do not have their heads stuffed quite so far up their own asses as you seem to, which is what happens to every tryhard shitposter. Not that you'd be banned.

If you want to get banned, start in with the toxic racist or homophobic shit you've been holding back. We all know it's just a matter of time.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

I was diving through the dumpster on here to see what was down there, damn this forum was wild in 2004.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Indeed. We've always been extremely (arguably overly) tolerant of discussion from various viewpoints, and have been extremely (arguably overly) reluctant to ban anyone, even when they repeatedly pushed up against and even crossed certain lines. So to have this turd noob come on here, not knowing anything about anything, and throw around his "liberal bubble" crap only serves to demonstrate with crystal clarity how reveling in astonishingly blatant ignorance has replaced baseball as America's favorite sport.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I can only think of four bans of regular posters on here, maybe three. anyway, very tolerant site.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Other than chef, pparoyal, and the person who started out as michael and thought he would be clever and reregister from a different IP, I can't think of any. Did anniewarbucks get banned? I guess she might have, I actually don't remember. I'd have to check, and I don't care enough.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Kansas farmer?