Operation Legend

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Operation Legend

Post by TheLastGentleman »

It also shows what this country's....priorities are.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

grovester wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:21 pm https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... 21027.html

Includes arrests from back in December and arrests unrelated to Operation Legend.

The DOJ is a shitshow.
How? Maybe he needed to add "Since the initial operation began late 2019", but since the FBI has been helping there have been 200 arrests. Not exactly a shit show in this particular situation.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:23 pm It also shows what this country's....priorities are.
Elaborate?

I'm going to guess you think this operation is all about Trump re-election? It may well be but if it also rounds up a bunch of killers, I'm all for it! It's only going to get worse.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:43 am
grovester wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:21 pm https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... 21027.html

Includes arrests from back in December and arrests unrelated to Operation Legend.

The DOJ is a shitshow.
How? Maybe he needed to add "Since the initial operation began late 2019", but since the FBI has been helping there have been 200 arrests. Not exactly a shit show in this particular situation.
He specifically said the arrests happened in the last weeks.

The other 199 arrests had little or nothing to do with a "surge" of federal agents.
DColeKC
Ambassador

Post by DColeKC »

grovester wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:33 pm

The DOJ is a shitshow.

The other 199 arrests had little or nothing to do with a "surge" of federal agents.
Does anyone fact check these damn speeches? 200 arrests in two weeks with thousands of feds would be a big number.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

DColeKC wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:45 am
TheLastGentleman wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:23 pm It also shows what this country's....priorities are.
Elaborate?

I'm going to guess you think this operation is all about Trump re-election? It may well be but if it also rounds up a bunch of killers, I'm all for it! It's only going to get worse.
Starting this up in the middle of a pandemic that this administration had a direct part in exacerbating through negligence, and then lying about it, tells us pretty clearly that there's something going on under the surface here. You should at least be asking some questions.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

It puts federal agents in place ready to show up at the polls in Dem heavy cities, armed and demanding to see ID, whether or not state law requires it to vote. I so hope that on November 4 I feel like a complete fool for having written this.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

DColeKC wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:10 pm
grovester wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:33 pm

Does anyone fact check these damn speeches? 200 arrests in two weeks with thousands of feds would be a big number.
I don't think there is any effort made whatsoever to be truthful in politics any more. So no.

Trump's philosophy seems to be: By the time they can prove it's a lie, I will have told 100 more lies and nobody will remember or care about something 100 lies ago. It seems to work for him.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

missingkc wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:19 pm It puts federal agents in place ready to show up at the polls in Dem heavy cities, armed and demanding to see ID, whether or not state law requires it to vote. I so hope that on November 4 I feel like a complete fool for having written this.
Thank you, I was starting to feel like an insane person for thinking this was a possible motive. I share your hope and would rather be a fever-dreaming idiot than right, but everything I've seen seems to suggest the incumbent will reject a loss and blame fraud and use every legal recourse at his disposal to stay in power. I wouldn't say I'm afraid, but my level of concern is non-zero.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

I'm afraid, Mean. I expect election day, voting place provocations to violence by forces put in place by Trump. I will not be surprised if he places a call to paramilitaries to police voting places. Call me crazy.
beermestrength
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by beermestrength »

missingkc wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:56 am I'm afraid, Mean. I expect election day, voting place provocations to violence by forces put in place by Trump. I will not be surprised if he places a call to paramilitaries to police voting places. Call me crazy.
You're crazy.
Get out of your extreme left wing bubble. It's unhealthy. And I say the same thing to people in their extreme right wing bubble.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

No, not crazy. The far right has been talking about taking up arms for a while now. Trump will claim the election was rigged and they will show up en mass to DC protect him. He will not accept defeat nor relinquish his position (if he does indeed lose). Shit will hit the fan. There will be a civil war. The writing is on the wall and if you can't see it, you are in a left wing bubble.
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

beermestrength wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:50 am
missingkc wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:56 am I'm afraid, Mean. I expect election day, voting place provocations to violence by forces put in place by Trump. I will not be surprised if he places a call to paramilitaries to police voting places. Call me crazy.
You're crazy.
Get out of your extreme left wing bubble. It's unhealthy. And I say the same thing to people in their extreme right wing bubble.
If someone had described the situation in Portland with the Feds a month ago, you probably would have said the same thing.

I'm not saying missingkc isn't crazy - just that you're delusional.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

While Trump is sending federal agents to US cities with democratic mayors to fight "ANTIFA", his intelligence agencies are actively warning him of far-right plots for domestic terrorism.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/1 ... -dc-329771
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

This think tank (CSIS), largely funded by the defense industry, has a study on domestic terrorism threats to the US. Guess what they found?

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalatin ... ted-states
ToDactivist
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ToDactivist »

kboish wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:09 am This think tank (CSIS), largely funded by the defense industry, has a study on domestic terrorism threats to the US. Guess what they found?

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalatin ... ted-states
no surprise but still alarming. emboldened by you know who...
beermestrength
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by beermestrength »

I knew this board was far left leaning but Yikes :shock:

You guys are just as bad as the conspiracy theorists on the right.
Riverite
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Riverite »

beermestrength wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:11 pm I knew this board was far left leaning but Yikes :shock:

You called people sheep, are you actually gonna play this time and post some sources, or moan that people don’t see the world in the same way as you?
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

beermestrength wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:11 pm I knew this board was far left leaning but Yikes :shock:

Yeah - because Pizzagate is the exact same thing as us wondering if Trump is going to FURTHER overstep his bounds with regards to using federal forces on his own citizens. You've really read the temperature of the room accurately and taught us all a serious lesson.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Trust me, this board is not left leaning, let alone far left.