Next Mayor 2019

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Next Mayor 2019

Post by flyingember »

johnmatrix wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:58 am
DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:39 am ...
I didnt know you had a Twitter
That explains a lot.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:39 am Oh, we're a cult now. Nice!

#StatusElevated
Since we're a cult now does that mean we can use the scientology building?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

johnmatrix wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:00 am
DaveKCMO wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:11 pm
johnmatrix wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:53 pm Your shitty politics has been rebuked by the voters. It only took us 8 years but here we are.
I actually got elected. So there's that.
For some board position on the street car. Entirely different. Your little cults focus on here is too narrow minded it's as if you don't know anything outside of downtown exists and you can shrug off basic services. It's that kind of attitude that's going to cost your candidate the election next week.
Is this more of the facts you told me about when I asked why do you continue to look to stir up a fight?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I love the idea of kcrag being a representative rule of anything too.

Like we make public policy for the city.

You'd have a better chance of feral kittens than this group agreeing on a group leader.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

WoodDraw wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:20 pm I love the idea of kcrag being a representative rule of anything too.

You'd have a better chance of feral kittens than this group agreeing on a group leader.
Dave's our leader
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

johnmatrix wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 am
WoodDraw wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:20 pm I love the idea of kcrag being a representative rule of anything too.

Dave's our leader
In the spirit of absurdity around this person
we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week. but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting. by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs but by a two thirds majority in the case of more...
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:47 am
DaveKCMO wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:39 am Oh, we're a cult now. Nice!

#StatusElevated
Since we're a cult now does that mean we can use the scientology building?
They're a large corporation only interested in getting large tax breaks through legal loopholes and making government do what's best for only them. Doesn't seem like a good fit.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

Bill Nigro endorses Lucas. I thought that guy was a racist?
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

johnmatrix wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:38 am Bill Nigro endorses Lucas. I thought that guy was a racist?
Are you going to disappear after the election is over? Just wondering.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

All the non-progressives (Nigro, DeJanes, Cashill, etc) are supporting Lucas because they think he is malleable and can be swayed to their point of view.

They are probably correct, which is a great reason to vote for Justus.
johnmatrix
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by johnmatrix »

beautyfromashes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:12 am
johnmatrix wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:38 am Bill Nigro endorses Lucas. I thought that guy was a racist?
Are you going to disappear after the election is over? Just wondering.
Nope.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

oh no
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

If using racial epithets to denigrate a person of a different race makes you a racist then Bill Nigro is a racist by definition.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

grovester wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:15 am All the non-progressives (Nigro, DeJanes, Cashill, etc) are supporting Lucas because they think he is malleable and can be swayed to their point of view.

this this this this this this this
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

grovester wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:15 am All the non-progressives (Nigro, DeJanes, Cashill, etc) are supporting Lucas because they think he is malleable and can be swayed to their point of view.

KC's Legion of Doom endorses the lesser of two goods?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Well, well, well.. :lol:

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Bill nigro is the kiss of death.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

The Pitch doesn’t seem to write articles anymore, but this is from their Friday email:
There was some late-breaking Friday afternoon drama in the race that didn’t make it into the podcast. One of the lame themes of this campaign is that Lucas has often tried to portray himself as the victim of dirty politics and negative attacks from Justus. The idea that Lucas is an innocent political actor is preposterous to anybody that knows anything about Kansas City politics, but Lucas seems to have correctly calculated that, in a town full of people who pride themselves on being Nice, the choir boy routine can get you some votes.

So it was vaguely satisfying yesterday to see Lucas called out for negative mailers sent on his behalf.

The outfit that funded those mailers is a bizarre, infrequently used PAC called “Voters for Good Government.” It is based in St. Charles, Missouri. On Thursday, five days before the KCMO mayoral election, this sleepy PAC received $10,000 from a Leawood LLC called OCM Lease Corporation. Records show the PAC immediately spent nearly all of that $10,000 on negative mailers opposing Justus.

The mailers were prepared by Carolinas Campaign Consultants, a Jefferson City outfit that boasts its expertise in “guiding Republicans to victory.”

So: Quinton Lucas' campaign is paying Republican political consultants to attack Justus with mailers. Sleazy hypocrisy, but, hey: Politics ain't beanbag.

I’m more interested in OCM Lease Corporation.

When Lucas got called out on Twitter for his negative ads, he responded by saying that he would “return contributions of any group or donor I find out is affiliated with this outfit.” (Then he liked his own response.)

Well.

OCM Lease Corporation funded those negative campaign mailers. We know that. So, who’s funding OCM Lease Corporation?

Actually, let's back up a bit. A big rainmaker in Missouri Democratic politics is a Leawood lawyer named Mike Ketchmark. He's Lucas' top donor in the mayor's race. Both Ketchmark and his wife have maxed out their personal campaign contributions for Lucas, and Ketchmark has given huge amounts of money to PACs that are supporting Lucas. Last month, Ketchmark gave $50,000 to Freedom Inc., which endorsed Lucas, and in just the last two weeks Ketchmark has given more than $100,000 to Taxpayers Unlimited, the firefighters PAC, which also endorsed Lucas. (The latter contributions are attributed to "Mark Ketchmark" on the reports, which is a typo; Mike Ketchmark owns the home associated with the address.)

Back to OCM Lease Corporation. On paper, the LLC is owned by Sean and Brenda Moore. According to the Kansas Secretary of State's office, the LLC's address is 15459 Iron Horse Circle, Leawood, KS. Hmm. That address sounds very close to Ketchmark's address, which is 15454 Iron Horse Circle, Leawood KS. In fact, it is right across the street.

In its filings with the Missouri Ethics Commission, OCM Lease Corporation lists a different address: 11181 Overbrook Road.

Here's another weird coincidence. Ketchmark's office is located at 11161 Overbrook Road. Isn't that funny?

What if it turned out that Mike Ketchmark is somehow affiliated with OCM Lease Corporation? Would Lucas return the $6,500 Ketchmark and his wife have given to Lucas directly? What about the $150,000+ that came indirectly from Ketchmark, through PACs? Probably we will never know. Fun to think about!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Citizens For Responsible Government endorses Lucas.

https://twitter.com/kcmikemahoney/statu ... 55968?s=21

The Call endorses Justus.

https://twitter.com/joliejustus/status/ ... 16834?s=21
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

DaveKCMO wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:54 pm Citizens For Responsible Government endorses Lucas.

https://twitter.com/kcmikemahoney/statu ... 55968?s=21

The Call endorses Justus.

https://twitter.com/joliejustus/status/ ... 16834?s=21
More and more I see groups/people who are fighting progress back Lucas